Fan LED turns on but fan doesn't spin

Wohaaa
Go to solution Solved by Wohaaa,

I have no idea how it is fixed. First I removed the new fan, then re-plugged the old fan and it started spinning. Then I plugged in the new fan, and the old fan is now working. Must've been a loose wire. Thanks for the help anyways!

My case (Gigabyte Luxo M30) supports up to six case fans, 120 mm. 4 were already present in the case, and one is occupied by my water cooler. I recently bought another fan, and when I attach it in, then one of my other fans stops. Luckily, the fan that stops is my LED fan, the only one in the case. The LED turns on when I turn my PC on, but the fan itself doesn't spin. I have tried other fan sockets, but that doesn't fix the problem. All my other fans work, including my water cooler and the new fan that I plugged in. I know that it isn't a problem in the PSU, as 650 watts is WAY more than enough for an RX 480, even in crossfire, along with some fans and an i5 6600k. I also know that it isn't a problem in the BIOS, as (unlike many people) I am not concerned with how much noise my PC actually makes, and my fans are all set to full speed. How do I fix this problem? (I haven't tried removing the fan I added, because it is a HUGE pain in the butt as I have to remove my water cooler as well.)

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

I didn't. The LED fan was already present in the case. The new fan I bought ALSO wasn't LED. It's not even RGB, just a blue light.

I f**k**g hate that my PC is already experiencing issues. It's only a week old! I'll try removing the new fan and then see if it works, as it was working fine before I put the new fan in.

1 minute ago, THE PC GAMER said:

I f**k**g hate that my PC is already experiencing issues. It's only a week old! I'll try removing the new fan and then see if it works, as it was working fine before I put the new fan in.

well you could try removing the fancy fan and hooking it up to a 9v battery(provided its a 12v fan) (check polarity and such) and see if it spins. if not fan is prob. broken if it does something else is broken.

4 minutes ago, THE PC GAMER said:

I didn't. The LED fan was already present in the case. The new fan I bought ALSO wasn't LED. It's not even RGB, just a blue light.

Does your power supply has enough power to power that fan?

I have no idea how it is fixed. First I removed the new fan, then re-plugged the old fan and it started spinning. Then I plugged in the new fan, and the old fan is now working. Must've been a loose wire. Thanks for the help anyways!