Overwatch versions

Squirrel724

Is the Origins Edition of Overwatch worth $10 over the standard version of the game? It's currently on sale for $49.99 vs the standard game at $39.99. I have been interested in the game for a while and was wondering if the on sale Origins Edition would be worth it over the standard game.

Is $10 a big deal to you? if not, then get the origins one since it comes with dank skins :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The only thing you get in Overwatch from buying the origins edition is a few skins and IMO they don't look that great compared to some of the other skins that you can buy with the coins or get from the loot boxes. (the tracer one is pretty cool but the others look kind of meh to ). You get some other rewards for blizzard's other titles though. So if you play those other games and like the skins that you get maybe it's worth the extra $10. 

1 hour ago, elpiop said:

The only thing you get in Overwatch from buying the origins edition is a few skins and IMO they don't look that great compared to some of the other skins that you can buy with the coins or get from the loot boxes. (the tracer one is pretty cool but the others look kind of meh to ). You get some other rewards for blizzard's other titles though. So if you play those other games and like the skins that you get maybe it's worth the extra $10. 

It really comes down to which heros I would actually play. Which I wont know until I play the game. Bit of a catch 22 there.

4 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

It really comes down to which heros I would actually play. Which I wont know until I play the game. Bit of a catch 22 there.

hmm right. well, I think you can buy normal edition and then upgrade to origins for the difference in price. I would double check on that though if the discount would still apply

edit: just checked, and yeah at checkout it reduces the price. not sure how long it will be $50 but you can buy the base game first, check out what the skins look like in the hero profile and see if you want to upgrade.

Capture.PNG

I went ahead and grabbed the standard version of the game. The Origins Edition of the game (and its upgrade) is on sale through the 15th. If I feel the need to upgrade before then I can.

On 9/10/2016 at 8:59 PM, elpiop said:

Excuse you, Strike Commander Morrison best skin.

I will suggest you to buy the normal one to save some money, unnecessary to pay for those skins

On 9/10/2016 at 10:49 PM, Squirrel724 said:

Overwatch is generally the type of game where you end up playing all or at least most of the heros. Maybe you suck at sniping and won't play much Widowmaker but everyone else is tons of fun and you need to switch up who you play based on your team composition and the enemies'.

So take a look at the skins you'd get. If you really like how they look, get the Origin edition. Otherwise you're fine with the standard.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)