Looking for silent 120mm case fan

iTonyy

I'm currently searching for some silent fans to replace my blow dryer fans that came stock with my c70. I'm looking for fans that have a high CFM and low dBA rating. Normally I would just go with noctua however they will be exposed through the black mesh on the front and the noctua color just looks really awkward. I perfer black fans so i thought about the AF120 but I've also heard a lot of people saying that they are extremely loud. Can anyone recommend some quiet case fans?

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

there are three on the top of my head which are best in its class,

scythe gentle typhoons, noctua nf f12, and finally corsair sp12 series

and i dont believe that the af12 will be loud, it all depends on many things. firstly the room where the computer/case is. if there is already something going on in the back ground, in my case a ceiling fan, you will not notice the sound of your case fans. i was recently looking for some fans myself, and none of those were available in the market, so i went with some cheap nzxt case fans, they are like under 10 bucks, and i can hardly hear them.

and if you want to hear a loud fan, check out the stock cooler of the fx 8350, which runs at 6k rpm, now thats effing loud.

anyways, scythe gentle typhoons, corsair sp12, and noctua nf f12

I have a 140mm Bitfenix Spectre fan and it's absolutely amazing.

It's taken a hell of a beating, for over a year, and it's still completely silent. (I'm running it at full 12v and it's extremely quiet)

I don't know how their 120mm compares, but I would expect it to be good.

Also, check out a Corsair AF120 quiet edition (Or performance and undervolt it)

I'm not looking for static pressure fans. I need open airflow fans

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

I have a 140mm Bitfenix Spectre fan and it's absolutely amazing.

It's taken a hell of a beating, for over a year, and it's still completely silent. (I'm running it at full 12v and it's extremely quiet)

I don't know how their 120mm compares, but I would expect it to be good.

Also, check out a Corsair AF120 quiet edition (Or performance and undervolt it)

Would that be the same a quiet edition vs an undervolted performance edition

Since noctua is out of the question look for scythe ap-15s( much quieter than rated cannot here when undervolted) or any of be quiets listing.

You could try Cougar fans.

They come in all black versions except the rubber feet, they are orange. You could take them off if you so desire.

The Cougar Vortex HDB version is really quiet and moves good air

The Cougar Vortex PWM version is a little louder, but moves even more air

I WILL WARN YOU, a few people and myself have experienced kind of a raddle squeaky noise from these fans, but only when they are horizontal like on a top mounted radiator and max rpm. I traded mine out for noctuas even though they don’t go with my case color AT ALL! lol

I have a 140mm Cougar for my rear exhausted and I can put it at max and it’s still pretty dang quiet, I have a 120 at the bottom pulling in air as well. I will say my noctuas are louder than both those fans.

So I hope this helps, good luck :)