New Pc crashes in games

probE466

Hey everyone,

yesterday I built myself a new pc:

i7 6700k

MSI GTX 1070 X 8 Gaming 

MSI z170 gaming m5 motherboard

680 w 80plus gold BeQuiet Straight power (known good, used this in my previous rig)

All fine and good, pc posts, memory detected, stress test (AIDA 64 and furmark for an hour) and benchmarks are normal, no problems.

However, in DOOM and Just Cause 3, I can play for about 5 minutes before the game crashes. Doom crashed without any notice, Just Cause said:  DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Minecraft and Arma 2(as far as I tested) were fine.

Please help :(

Have you updated your drivers and other firmware?

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

I think so, newest Nvidia drivers installed and all drivers from the msi motherboard website

EDIT: Also, I didnt overclock the card or cpu yet, they are as they were out of the box

Ok, narrowed it down, with VSync enabled all seems to run fine, but turning it off crashes almost instantly