Video Production issues

JustAskin
Go to solution Solved by Ringtext,

1st: VLC

2nd Shotcut

There both open source and free.

I have 2 questions and I'd be massively appreciative if someone could answer them.

so for an explanation on my first question, the Windows Media Player seems to hate FLV recordings or some crap, so since I have no idea how to change that, i decided to instead open the file with notepad, which rendered the audio in my video to nothing, so I'm looking for an alternative app I can download on my Windows Ten Laptop which is free, safe and virus free.

1: does anyone know a trustworthy app to view files, like that of OBS, so that I can then drop and edit that in youtube (kinda like windows media player)

2: whether or not there's a good video editing software for free?

In advanced I really appreciate you taking the time out to read this, and any answers are massively appreciates, thanks in advanced.

4 minutes ago, JustAskin said:

I have 2 questions and I'd be massively appreciative if someone could answer them.

so for an explanation on my first question, the Windows Media Player seems to hate FLV recordings or some crap, so since I have no idea how to change that, i decided to instead open the file with notepad, which rendered the audio in my video to nothing, so I'm looking for an alternative app I can download on my Windows Ten Laptop which is free, safe and virus free.

1: does anyone know a trustworthy app to view files, like that of OBS, so that I can then drop and edit that in youtube (kinda like windows media player)

2: whether or not there's a good video editing software for free?

In advanced I really appreciate you taking the time out to read this, and any answers are massively appreciates, thanks in advanced.

1st: just windows media player is ok, otherwise vlc.
2nd: i have sony vegas pro (not worth the money, (just crack... hope i don't get warning points for saying that:D))

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm going to be editing with ShotCut from now on and I'll give VLC a shot! Thanks for all your help guys, you're absolute beasts! :DD