recovering formatted files

McCloud

Not sure when or why I had re-formatted my USB, but was trying to get the files back.

Used two programs... with one, I've managed to recover some actual files that I can open.

With the other one, they are always called the file name + [1] but they are all unreadable.. 

Why is this ? 

I also got plenty of random files..

Unreadable or random are just damaged so you can't recover them. I once encountered the same problem and you can't really do much about it.

I5 4440//8gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3//Sapphire Radeon r9 380 4gb//ASUS h81m-plus//WD caviar blue 1tb//Cooler Master N200//Cooler Master G500

How important is the data set? If you would spend 70$ for analysis through a special firm they give you report how many they could repair.

I you don't want spend money try handy recovery I think their is a 30 day trail.

Thanks guys.

The funny thing is, why one piece of sw is able to recover some of them successfully, while other not. 

I tried Wondershare Recovery, Pandora recovery and iCare Data recovery.

@Tsx do you think that Handy recovery might be different ? Or is it just something you have personal experience with..

I used it personally a lot when friends have problems. Reason is that the recovery rate is good and in the demo the recovery amount was long time unlimited.