Can't get into BIOS!

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,

Go into Settings and then to Update & Security.   Select Recovery on the left and then hit "Restart now" under the Advanced startup  option.

Your computer will reboot and enter the UEFI interface.  From there select Troubleshoot --> Advanced options --> UEFI Firmware Settings.

You should now be in BIOS.

Hi!

I'm unable to get to my BIOS... There is no beeps or a message saying something like "press del to enter bios". Yesterday I was still able to get into BIOS just by pressing del. The message was also there I'm not sure about the beep.

when I boot it shows the acer logo and boots into windows. Normally in the logo screen the "press del to enter bios" message is in the corner. Now it's nowhere.

Help pls.

you prob need to press the Del key faster when you boot up

or the other method is resetting the BIOS by removing the shiny battery on the mobo

leave it for a few mins and put the battery back

the BIOS will get reset and you should be able to get into the BIOS to set the clock and other settings

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Mash DEL as fast as you can from the moment you power on (but do make sure that DEL is the right key, and not for instance F2)

Look for a boot into bios option in the OS, that might work. 

See if there's a boot to bios button on your MoBo

26 minutes ago, AnTiguArd said:

Hi!

I'm unable to get to my BIOS... There is no beeps or a message saying something like "press del to enter bios". Yesterday I was still able to get into BIOS just by pressing del. The message was also there I'm not sure about the beep.

when I boot it shows the acer logo and boots into windows. Normally in the logo screen the "press del to enter bios" message is in the corner. Now it's nowhere.

Help pls.

Wam the keyboard a few times. Only do it with your hand so you can see what area the key is in. Seriously, that's what I did.

i like trains 🙂

26 minutes ago, AnTiguArd said:

Hi!

Help pls.

Sounds like you may have enabled some type of Fast Boot.  Doing so will often skip a lot of options during the boot process in order to load Windows faster.  Most motherboards with Fast Boot have an application for use with Windows that give you access to BIOS on the next reboot.

Clearing CMOS will reset it or you can see if you can find the Windows app for your motherboard.

51 minutes ago, KaareKanin said:

Mash DEL as fast as you can from the moment you power on (but do make sure that DEL is the right key, and not for instance F2)

Look for a boot into bios option in the OS, that might work. 

See if there's a boot to bios button on your MoBo

24 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Sounds like you may have enabled some type of Fast Boot.  Doing so will often skip a lot of options during the boot process in order to load Windows faster.  Most motherboards with Fast Boot have an application for use with Windows that give you access to BIOS on the next reboot.

Clearing CMOS will reset it or you can see if you can find the Windows app for your motherboard.

53 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

you prob need to press the Del key faster when you boot up

or the other method is resetting the BIOS by removing the shiny battery on the mobo

leave it for a few mins and put the battery back

the BIOS will get reset and you should be able to get into the BIOS to set the clock and other settings

Guys nothing worked...

Just now, done12many2 said:

What version of Windows are you using?

Windows 10

Go into Settings and then to Update & Security.   Select Recovery on the left and then hit "Restart now" under the Advanced startup  option.

Your computer will reboot and enter the UEFI interface.  From there select Troubleshoot --> Advanced options --> UEFI Firmware Settings.

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Thank you so much it worked!!!!

5 minutes ago, AnTiguArd said:

Thank you so much it worked!!!!

You're welcome.  

Snoop around in BIOS and see if there's an option to delay your boot time.  Sometimes people accidentally set this delay to "0" or enable Fast Boot and end up with problems getting back into BIOS.

Good luck!