Audio technica 500x or 700x and closed or open design help urgent ?!

I've made my final choice on my brand of headphone always loved British German and Japanese headphones but prefer the Jap overall.

Now the decision on the type. I've locked down the 2 models and just need help on the

500v700 and open v closed choice.

I use these at home while gaming. Editing and basic audio mixing. On the bus in the car and at uni in common areas where sometimes can be loud or whisper quiet.

I've used open drivers on the plantronic 500 E gaming headset and loved them but I don't want to have feedback via my blue yetti or modmic and disrupt other student while I edit in class.

How much leakage is there really as the plantronic was Minimal.

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

24 minutes ago, vESP said:

I've made my final choice on my brand of headphone always loved British German and Japanese headphones but prefer the Jap overall.

Now the decision on the type. I've locked down the 2 models and just need help on the

500v700 and open v closed choice.

I use these at home while gaming. Editing and basic audio mixing. On the bus in the car and at uni in common areas where sometimes can be loud or whisper quiet.

I've used open drivers on the plantronic 500 E gaming headset and loved them but I don't want to have feedback via my blue yetti or modmic and disrupt other student while I edit in class.

How much leakage is there really as the plantronic was Minimal.

You're going to want to get closed for public use as these are basically mini speakers on your head. 500x/700x are about the same sound quality wise, just get whatever cheaper.

AudioTechnica AD700X are great for their cost. The only knock I would give them is the anemic bass (Much better with the closed back setup) that is somewhat improved by the next model up - AD900X in both open and closed. Mind you, if you are out in public, I would advise against all open back headphones, otherwise I am a fan of their sound signature, though you might possibly find the treble fatiguing (less so on the closed back)

Case: Manta Mini ITX Black
CPU: I5-6600K
CPU: Cooler: Corsair H105
Ram: 16Gb (2x8Gb) 2133Mhz HyperX 
GPU: 1070 Sea Hawk X
Storage: 120Gb, 480Gb Intel SSD 
PSU: 650W EVGA Bronze

Peripheral: 144Hz VG248QE TN, 60Hz MX239H IPS, Bose Companion 5 2.1 TrueSpace, M65 Corsair 8200DPI, Razer Vespula Foam Wrist mouse pad, K70 Corsair Mechanical Red backlit, ATH-ADG1 AudioTechnica Open back, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Closed back, DXracer Drift series

5 hours ago, iShad said:

You're going to want to get closed for public use as these are basically mini speakers on your head. 500x/700x are about the same sound quality wise, just get whatever cheaper.

truns out the opens are like 20 - 30 $ cheaper at the store im going too.. i can bare to use my IEM on the bus no problems at this rate :)

1 hour ago, PKValkyrie said:

AudioTechnica AD700X are great for their cost. The only knock I would give them is the anemic bass (Much better with the closed back setup) that is somewhat improved by the next model up - AD900X in both open and closed. Mind you, if you are out in public, I would advise against all open back headphones, otherwise I am a fan of their sound signature, though you might possibly find the treble fatiguing (less so on the closed back)

not really up there for bass tbh i have maybe 20 dubstepish songs the rest are just pure vocaloid which is just mids and highs with little bass. and alot of vocal

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King