Could Someone Code This?

Maihym
On 9/7/2016 at 8:06 AM, Maihym said:

So at night I tend to get kinda loud when talking to others. I can't really hear my own voice because of my headset. So of course I get loud and my parents start to hear me. I was hoping someone could maybe code a program that plays a sound once your mic goes over a certain decibel, it would really help me control my noise level, especially at night. It would be nice if you could edit when the warning is given too.

Lots of people can. The question is, are they going to?

It would be much easier to just feed your mic back through your headset so that you can hear yourself anyway.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

15 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Lots of people can. The question is, are they going to?

It would be much easier to just feed your mic back through your headset so that you can hear yourself anyway.

While playing a game? That's just going to be annoying.

1 hour ago, Maihym said:

While playing a game? That's just going to be annoying.

Not anymore annoying than say, talking to yourself while playing baseball, or soccer, or football, or any other game.

Besides that, if you find your own voice so annoying, why are you talking so loudly that your parents complain about it?

22 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Not anymore annoying than say, talking to yourself while playing baseball, or soccer, or football, or any other game.

Besides that, if you find your own voice so annoying, why are you talking so loudly that your parents complain about it?

Haha what are you talking about? I'm talking to other people online, it's not that my voice is annoying it's just that I can't hear how loud I'm getting because I use headphones which block outside noise pretty well. Reread the thread before making a stupid comment like that.

On 9/7/2016 at 8:06 AM, Maihym said:

So of course I get loud and my parents start to hear me.

4 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

3 hours ago, Maihym said:

That's just going to be annoying.

As you can see, I have reread the thread. I still came to the same conclusion. 

So I will ask again: If you find your own voice so annoying that you can't listen to it, why are you talking so loudly so as to annoy others to begin with?

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

As you can see, I have reread the thread. I still came to the same conclusion. 

So I will ask again: If you find your own voice so annoying that you can't listen to it, why are you talking so loudly so as to annoy others to begin with?

Its not that I find my own voice annoying. I don't want to have to hear an echo of myself because the whole concept of it is annoying.

if you install the teamspeak 3 client and connect to a server in a chatroom with no one it it, and then mute yourself. It beeps at you if you talk, to remind you to unmute. but if you don't it will keep beeping. You can change the microphone threshold level too.

14 hours ago, elevatorguy said:

if you install the teamspeak 3 client and connect to a server in a chatroom with no one it it, and then mute yourself. It beeps at you if you talk, to remind you to unmute. but if you don't it will keep beeping. You can change the microphone threshold level too.

That's actually a good idea, but @sukhvir41 is already working on something. If you look at the first page he has something that's working and now he's just improving it..

@sukhvir41 is developing, but there are also multiple Android/iOS apps for this.

1 hour ago, RexQ said:

@sukhvir41 is developing, but there are also multiple Android/iOS apps for this.

I need this for PC though. I don't talk to other people while playing a game on my phone.

The point was you could have your phone out while you play. I assume you game where your main setup is and therefore have a phone charger.