Am I Just Wasting Power?

So, I see that my fans are running on full, but my GPU says it's on full load, but no ppd from GPU. It doesn't sat that GPU is folding despite being on full pelt. It just says 'running' with no ETA. Please help

-Tom

nBL1NzL.png

Compatible with Windows 95

Give it time. Usually it takes a while to register the first few percent; same for everyone :)

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Give it time. Usually it takes a while to register the first few percent; same for everyone :)

Ok, I've given it close to half an hour and it started :)

The PPD is really low though, the previous time I folded, it was topping out at 42,000 and now it is 27,000

The PPD is really low though, the previous time I folded, it was topping out at 42,000 and now it is 27,000

It changes depending on the work unit. I've had 100k and now I have 25k.

Good stuff. The PPD takes a few units to settle out on a realistic number. Don't read too much into it on the first unit.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Good stuff. The PPD takes a few units to settle out on a realistic number. Don't read too much into it on the first unit.

It changes depending on the work unit. I've had 100k and now I have 25k.

Ah right, thanks :)

Another question: Do I need a passkey? (Because I couldn't find my old one and the passkey site wasn't working for me)

Ah right, thanks :)

Another question: Do I need a passkey? (Because I couldn't find my old one and the passkey site wasn't working for me)

You don't need one, but you can't get the QRB (Quick Return Bonus) without it. Re-enter your e-mail to get it sent to you :)

You don't need one, but you can't get the QRB (Quick Return Bonus) without it. Re-enter your e-mail to get it sent to you :)

Also; Can you come back to a work unit later - I don't want to leave my pc on all the time.

Also; Can you come back to a work unit later - I don't want to leave my pc on all the time.

You can, but it will start at your last save point. I'd configure it to save every 3 mins just to be sure you don't lose much progress.

You can, but it will start at your last save point. I'd configure it to save every 3 mins just to be sure you don't lose much progress.

Been flicking through the settings, can't find how to do that. How do you do it?

Been flicking through the settings, can't find how to do that. How do you do it?

Unfortunately I'm not actually at my PC in the sig atm (it's at home), but It'll either be under preferences or configure in the top pane. If I were at it now I'd check for you.

...But that is how you fold. When you're not using the rig, simply walk away and let research happen. Almost every component in a pc can handle being on for ever, some parts even last longer when they aren't power cycled everyday. Like fans, pumps, power supplies and hard drives... Some sound cards too.

...But that is how you fold. When you're not using the rig, simply walk away and let research happen. Almost every component in a pc can handle being on for ever, some parts even last longer when they aren't power cycled everyday. Like fans, pumps, power supplies and hard drives... Some sound cards too.

But in the UK, power is expensive. I don't want to be bumping up the bill for £0.15 ($0.24) per kilowatt hour... Also, I think that my power supply will give out soon...

Yes, you are wasting time with that Vista install :D

Vista?

That screenshot looks like it is on Vista.

Fair enough :P Small tray icons do look a bit like it

I prefer the way that Vista looks tho. I guess I am alone with that opinion :D