Be Quiet PSU crackles

Poohl
Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,
Just now, Poohl said:

I've called theyr service hotline now. That guy said that this is normal

This isn't normal, PSUs usually don't make any sound besides the regular sound of the fan.

1 minute ago, Poohl said:

It doesn't sound like that.

Return it.

I'm currently building my new PC and my PSU is crackling every time I plug it in and it's switch is on.

PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power 9 CM 600w

Is is broken? Will this go away (the PSU is new)? Any Fix?

AFAIK this Be Quiet PSU line is not good, they've got some very good units, but this is not one of them.

Could you describe the sound better? Might be coil whine, might be fan, might be something else.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

17 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

AFAIK this Be Quiet PSU line is not good, they've got some very good units, but this is not one of them.

Could you describe the sound better? Might be coil whine, might be fan, might be something else.

It's definitly not the Fan. Sounds like a lot of small lightning or like a wool sweater (when rubbing it).

Just now, Poohl said:

It's definitly not the Fan. Sounds like a lot of small lightning or like a wool sweater (when rubbing it).

I would stop using it immediately and take it back to the store.

4 minutes ago, Poohl said:

Watch these two videos:

If this is the sound you hear, then it's harmless and there's nothing you can do about it, if it's not, you need to return your PSU imo.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I would stop using it immediately and take it back to the store.

3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Watch these two Videos:

If this is the sound you hear, then it's harmless and there's nothing you can do about it, if it's not, you need to return your PSU imo.

Just now, Poohl said:

This isn't normal, PSUs usually don't make any sound besides the regular sound of the fan.

1 minute ago, Poohl said:

Return it.

6 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Return it.

ok.