R9 280X DVI to vga adapter support

Navin

I have decided to buy a R9 280x. I have a monitor which I'm planning to run of the HDMI port. I have a 2nd monitor lying around which has only a VGA input. Will I be able to use a DVI to VGA adapter on the graphics card to run the second monitor. I have this doubt because i read that VGA support has be dropped for the R9 series cards.

it depends on which one you buy some of them have dvi-i some only had div-d.

Look for one where there are 4 more pins on the dvi connector.

There's DVI-I connector on R9-280x, so the answer is yes. You can use VGA monitor via adapter.

Tell us which card did you choose and we can check it out for you, just in case.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

it depends on which one you buy some of them have dvi-i some only had div-d.

Look for one where there are 4 more pins on the dvi connector.

So if there is a DVI - I port on the card i can use the DVI to VGA adapter right? 

So if there is a DVI - I port on the card i can use the DVI to VGA adapter right? 

correct