gpu not preforming at its full potential

Jose b

Ok so i have a msi gtx 970 and i have never had any problems until now i was playing ark then my frames started to drop constantly and now i cant even run ark on medium (recommended for gtx 770)

And i usually used to run it on high with absolutley no problem (high:recommended for gtx 970) and for some odd reason i started to drop fps dramatically like low 20's so i decided to oc my gpu i ran the unigine haven bench mark

and i was doing and out standing job i ran the first bench at 80+fps im pretty sure but then i saw my frames just automatically drop down to 20-30 very odd so i look over msi afterburner and i saw that the power percentage whitch was the only thing that i saw change it went from 100% power to 50% power (not usage or temp) and i started to mess with the power limit and core clock and memory clock. so i kept it going up slowly and kept running the bench mark and no rise in temp nor rise in power usage its still stuck at 50% power useage and also my temp randomly droped to 50 and wont pass 53 degrees celcius no matter how much i clock up things they wont go up. im very worried and i just want to go back to playing video games. plz help i dont know whats wrong all my drivers are up to date (well im pretty sure there up to date) and i would really appreciate the help thanks!

system specs:

Msi Gtx 970

i5-4690k (not oc)

8gb ram

evga 80+gold 650 watt power supply

Untitled.png

1 minute ago, derrickd241 said:

Have you restarted your pc?

not today but this problem has been going on for the past days now even after i restart it.

2 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

What kind of psu do you have?

I seriously doubt that would be the issue.

update your drivers, restart.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

lol i have

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Hey man you never know and I don't wanna be the one to tell you this but if you're trying to oc it while it's already unstable isn't helping matters maybe try and reseat your card, umm... You could try and reinstall windows even though I know how much that sucks if reinstalling windows wouldn't help then your gfx card is most likely the problem that's all I got

Just now, derrickd241 said:

Hey man you never know and I don't wanna be the one to tell you this but if you're trying to oc it while it's already unstable isn't helping matters maybe try and reseat your card, umm... You could try and reinstall windows even though I know how much that sucks if reinstalling windows wouldn't help then your gfx card is most likely the problem that's all I got

ok ill keep that in mind thanks for trying to help :)