I want a computer, but have no idea what i want

So I'm completely new to this, and really need help. First off though:

• I live in the UK, so I work off pounds. I unfortunely don't have a budget (as I don't have the money yet) but consider it about £1000, give or take 100.
  • This will be a gaming focussed computer (which may be used for school work (nothing fancy), but gaming is the primary thing here).
  • My moniter apparently is 1920 x 1080 WUXGA Resolution (54,6cm / 21.5” Diagonal). In the future I may get more, but not worth considering now.
  • I do not need a mouse or keyboard, and plan for Windows 10 unless anyone has a better idea.
  • I'm upgrading from a dell dimension 5150... and its broken...

So, I have seen one thing, but I have no idea how good it is.

http://www.3bsystems.co.uk/intel-core-i7-6700-quad-core-4ghz-gtx750ti-gaming-pc-base-unit-p-7309.html

My first problems with it is the lack off SSD, 8GB RAM (not 16) and the 750 Ti. However, I want my money to go as far as possible, so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, MageofJustice said:

So I'm completely new to this, and really need help. First off though:

• I live in the UK, so I work off pounds. I unfortunely don't have a budget (as I don't have the money yet) but consider it about £1000, give or take 100.
  • This will be a gaming focussed computer (which may be used for school work (nothing fancy), but gaming is the primary thing here).
  • My moniter apparently is 1920 x 1080 WUXGA Resolution (54,6cm / 21.5” Diagonal). In the future I may get more, but not worth considering now.
  • I do not need a mouse or keyboard, and plan for Windows 10 unless anyone has a better idea.
  • I'm upgrading from a dell dimension 5150... and its broken...

So, I have seen one thing, but I have no idea how good it is.

http://www.3bsystems.co.uk/intel-core-i7-6700-quad-core-4ghz-gtx750ti-gaming-pc-base-unit-p-7309.html

My first problems with it is the lack off SSD, 8GB RAM (not 16) and the 750 Ti. However, I want my money to go as far as possible, so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

use to have an 1 k build, gimme time, if i dont answer back means i had to go

MF UH BEANS

It's going to be hard starting from scratch if you don't know what parts are good specifically. I'd say start by checking out some of Linus' videos on certain parts (RAM, CPU, Motherboard, GPU, etc.) and work from there.

One word of wisdom I can tell you is don't go AMD for your processor.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

11 hours ago, MDPS said:

It's going to be hard starting from scratch if you don't know what parts are good specifically. I'd say start by checking out some of Linus' videos on certain parts (RAM, CPU, Motherboard, GPU, etc.) and work from there.

One word of wisdom I can tell you is don't go AMD for your processor.

i k alot of good parts just off top of my head

MF UH BEANS

1 minute ago, MageofJustice said:

Thanks in advance.

You can change the 750 ti to an rx 460 in this build at no extra charge: https://www.oblivionsystems.co.uk/product/ares-gaming-pc/

If you change it to the 880k it's 6 pounds more. Since it comes with windows and is prebuilt (labor costs) it's not a bad deal in my opinion for a starting machine. With an SSD add-on it's £516.

But if you want to push it as far as possible for your full 1k budget then you can get a skylake i5 build with a 1070 probably that you have to assemble. Just make sure you include the OS in the cost on the pcpartpicker list. A lot of people forget that and go crazy on the parts.

11 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

Seems nice tbh but I wouldn't go for Crossfire for a first timer. Way too much tinkering.

ur right, but it is nice, and u can easily google how 

MF UH BEANS

6 minutes ago, aries757 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kL6gbj is something, u can change parts, but good enough,

Eww change that psu right now. Go for a g2 instead. And one gpu instead of two maybe a 1070?

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

9 minutes ago, aries757 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kL6gbj is something, u can change parts, but good enough,

couple of wrong things with that build:

• CRYORIG C7 - why!?!??! it's a 100W TDP cooler and you are pairing it with a 91W TDP CPU that might end up overclocked
  • multi video card config - why!?

i7 / GTX 1060 Small form factor build

All parts except for GPU and OS are from Amazon for easier shipping.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£262.90 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.95 @ Amazon UK) 

^You don't need a cpu cooler but I put one in anyway. Also this does its job a lot quieter.
Motherboard: Asus B150M PRO GAMING Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£76.39 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£66.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£74.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£46.86 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card  (£245.56 @ More Computers) 
Case: Aerocool DS Cube Black Edition Silent Cube MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£63.50 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£70.97 @ Amazon)

^Amazon Link
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  (£24.00) 
^Buy the key from this site: https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/ -change the currency to GBP

^How to: https://youtu.be/yXTqz3Fd28M

I can put together a 1070 build if you can stretch the budget to £1050-1100. It would be overkill if your just playing on 1080p though.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

13 hours ago, ThatOneRussian said:

Eww change that psu right now. Go for a g2 instead. And one gpu instead of two maybe a 1070?

i not an psu maniac, sry, also it was just an list he could base of off. 

MF UH BEANS

13 hours ago, ThatOneRussian said:

i not an psu maniac, sry, also it was just an list he could base of off. 

MF UH BEANS

7 hours ago, MDPS said:

Ok, I will start looking into that!

7 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

You can change the 750 ti to an rx 460 in this build at no extra charge: https://www.oblivionsystems.co.uk/product/ares-gaming-pc/

If you change it to the 880k it's 6 pounds more. Since it comes with windows and is prebuilt (labor costs) it's not a bad deal in my opinion for a starting machine. With an SSD add-on it's £516.

But if you want to push it as far as possible for your full 1k budget then you can get a skylake i5 build with a 1070 probably that you have to assemble. Just make sure you include the OS in the cost on the pcpartpicker list. A lot of people forget that and go crazy on the parts.

Thank you very much! My birthday is coming up, so that's where I plan to get my money from (or may get a part time job, who knows). Seeing its my birthday, I have no idea how much I would get (though I do plan to save). The alternative option is very good (though no Intel processor) and I shall consider it.

7 hours ago, aries757 said:

Thanks for the list! I do like it, but a few small things I would change. However, it still is a massive help!

7 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

Ok real talk OP:

Go for a "K" processor to future proof your build by 1-2 years, it's just like 20 dollar extra or something. For gaming it's better to cheap out on the i7 and get a i5 and a better GPU atm. imo. 

Ok, will do. I've done a little research, so I know the K is for overclocking, and I did see in a video the i5 was better in a gaming aspect. Thanks!

7 hours ago, zMeul said:

couple of wrong things with that build:

• CRYORIG C7 - why!?!??! it's a 100W TDP cooler and you are pairing it with a 91W TDP CPU that might end up overclocked
  • multi video card config - why!?

Ok, so could you give a suggestion? It would be a real help!

2 minutes ago, MageofJustice said:

Ok, so could you give a suggestion? It would be a real help!

@antisleep's build looks good enough

4 minutes ago, MageofJustice said:

Ok, thanks!

but, if you plan to add more displays, go with a GTX1070; the GTX1060 won't cut it

eventually, you could go with an i5 6500 (or 6600) CPU and a GTX1070 from the start - if budget allows it

here: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mh9d9W

7 hours ago, antisleep said:

i7 / GTX 1060 Small form factor build

All parts except for GPU and OS are from Amazon for easier shipping.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£262.90 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.95 @ Amazon UK) 

^You don't need a cpu cooler but I put one in anyway. Also this does its job a lot quieter.
Motherboard: Asus B150M PRO GAMING Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£76.39 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£66.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£74.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£46.86 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card  (£245.56 @ More Computers) 
Case: Aerocool DS Cube Black Edition Silent Cube MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£63.50 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£70.97 @ Amazon)

^Amazon Link
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  (£24.00) 
^Buy the key from this site: https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/ -change the currency to GBP

^How to: https://youtu.be/yXTqz3Fd28M

I can put together a 1070 build if you can stretch the budget to £1050-1100. It would be overkill if your just playing on 1080p though.

Thanks for the list! It does seem to be ideal to my needs, so thank you! Due to price constraints I may stick to the 1060, but I might save up for the 1070.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

but, if you plan to add more displays, go with a GTX1070; the GTX1060 won't cut it

eventually, you could go with an i5 6500 CPU and a GTX1070 from the start - if budget allows it

Ok, seems to be a good suggestion.

1 minute ago, MageofJustice said:

Ok, seems to be a good suggestion.

see my updated post, linked the tweaked build