UPS mount

Ivo

I am hoping that some of you are good with electrical and fire alarm codes and could tell me if mounting a UPS above ceiling is a viable solution or is there a section on the code that prevents this.

Building codes vary from country to counrty, and from state to state if you are from the US.

I don't think they would mention anything about mounting a UPS in a ceiling though.

There shouldn't be anything stopping someone putting a UPS in a ceiling, but in general it isn't too good of an idea because no one would be able to plug stuff into it, and you would have to get into tge ceiling to unplug stuff, and it wouldn't be easy to tell if the UPS goes bad.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

3 hours ago, Ivo said:

I am hoping that some of you are good with electrical and fire alarm codes and could tell me if mounting a UPS above ceiling is a viable solution or is there a section on the code that prevents this.

As mentioned it depends where you are but you really shouldn't mount it in an enclosed space as the unit itself needs ventilation and needs to be accessible. If you want it to be out of the way you can get UPS wall mounts like theses that hold the unit off the floor or on a portable work surface.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DWGF4Z4/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1472742723&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ups+mounting+brackets&dpPl=1&dpID=31gPT0OPLlL&ref=plSrch

Just now, W-L said:

As mentioned it depends where you are but you really shouldn't mount it in an enclosed space as the unit itself needs ventilation and needs to be accessible. If you want it to be out of the way you can get UPS wall mounts like theses that hold the unit off the floor or on a portable work surface.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DWGF4Z4/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1472742723&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ups+mounting+brackets&dpPl=1&dpID=31gPT0OPLlL&ref=plSrch

Thanks! I do understand that it is not desirable I was hoping that there is something in the NFPA code that says or limits the above ceiling mount.