Going to New York and buying PC Parts

Timlin-Guy

I'm going to New York in a couple of months for my 16th birthday and I've been saving up to building a computer. I know that all of the components are cheaper in New York(and the rest of America) than in England and I was wondering if I'm legally able to buy the parts in New York and to bring them back to England without paying import tax. I'm also travelling on a public plane, if that somehow helps. All responses are appreciated :)

Why would it cost lots? Because I'll have to pay import tax? Thanks for answering

4 minutes ago, Timlin-Guy said:

Why would it cost lots? Because I'll have to pay import tax? Thanks for answering

Customs will likely make you pay for the stuff you buy, unless it's personal items (clothes for example), I don't know how the uk process works but generally you have to tell them what you brought back and they can search you stuff to check if they want to.

Also I'm so glad I don't have to pay sales taxes NH ftw

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Oh, dammit lol. I guess I've got to buy all of the components for 35% more...dammit. Thanks for the help

3 minutes ago, JamesPlayzGamesHD said:

They don't allow PC components in luggage here in America. You could send them in the mail back home but that might cost a lot too.

You can have components just they have to be screen individually. Though I've never brought something like a PSU only HDDs

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Oh can I buy selected pc parts? If so could you please tell me? I wouldn't buy a psu abroad anyway though or a case(as it'll take up too much space).

Just now, Timlin-Guy said:

Oh can I buy selected pc parts? If so could you please tell me? I wouldn't buy a psu abroad anyway though or a case(as it'll take up too much space).

Customs doesn't care about that sort of thing they generally only care if the items have a certain value level (I don't know what the UK's standards are but you probably check a UK customs site for more info), as I said you'll have to pay the Vac tax anyway, and after adding NY's sales tax it will likely be no cheaper. As for the TSA and security checks thy don't like items that can be used to hide weapons or explosives (which is why they don't allow liquids of certain volumes)

If I were you I wouldn't bother.

Fuck, thanks so much for the help! I guess I'll stick to buying things from England then. You probably saved me from spending an extra £500 knowing my luck lol

3 minutes ago, Timlin-Guy said:

Fuck, thanks so much for the help! I guess I'll stick to buying things from England then. You probably saved me from spending an extra £500 knowing my luck lol

also in usa they would think the pc parts are bomb parts ... you know how stupid they are these days lol 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

11 minutes ago, Timlin-Guy said:

What's your budget, I'm also from the uk and am trying to make a build 

Spoiler

My Main Driver:

Intel i3-6100

Asrock Z170 Extreme4

8Gb DDR4-2400 Crucial Sport Lt

Buying AMD Rx 480

Phanteks P400 in white

Evga 650 Modular

34 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Also I'm so glad I don't have to pay sales taxes NH ftw

No Micro Center tho.

12 minutes ago, Freddie98 said:

What's your budget, I'm also from the uk and am trying to make a build 

£1200, btw, a cheap UK website is Overclockers UK if that helps :)

Just now, Timlin-Guy said:

£1200, btw, a cheap UK website is Overclockers UK if that helps :)

Dam, I've only got £600/700 aha, and Im not a particcular fan of OCuK, but I'm sure ill end up buying some stuff from them haha

Spoiler

My Main Driver:

Intel i3-6100

Asrock Z170 Extreme4

8Gb DDR4-2400 Crucial Sport Lt

Buying AMD Rx 480

Phanteks P400 in white

Evga 650 Modular

6 minutes ago, Daring said:

No Micro Center tho.

Eh there is one in Cambridge Mass, but it isn't worth the effort, the only thing I can get cheaper from microcenter is CPUs

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Eh there is one in Cambridge, but it isn't worth the effort, the only thing I can get cheaper from microcenter is CPUs

Yeah, that's the on I was talking about.