Fallout 4 have insane CPU requirement?

Kinda, it runs a lot better on higher end CPUs but one way to help counteract this is having higher memory speeds since fallout loves faster ram

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Funny how people still think i5's don't bottleneck in games and that i7's have no benefit. 12FPS difference is non-existant then in a game like Fallout? Not to mention frametime drops and potential stuttering that does not occur nearly as often on i7s.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

3 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Kinda, it runs a lot better on higher end CPUs but one way to help counteract this is having higher memory speeds since fallout loves faster ram

Can confirm this. I'd spent quite a bit of time trying to get this to run on my old FX-4100. No doubt you'd believe it was heinously under-powered for the job, but with a combination of ram overclocking and the shadow tweak, the game ran at a pretty reasonable 50-60 fps inside a fairly large settlement, and at about 30-40 fps while Concord and Diamond City. That's largely due to the overclocking the ram. The ram overclock made it not only play smoother, but increased the FPS by a good 10 frames. I've never seen a game benefit that much from ram overclocking.

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Funny how people still think i5's don't bottleneck in games and that i7's have no benefit. 12FPS difference is non-existant then in a game like Fallout? Not to mention frametime drops and potential stuttering that does not occur nearly as often on i7s.

That's why I have my 4790k, if a game can utilize the threads an i7 can give an amazing boost.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

22 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

That's why I have my 4790k, if a game can utilize the threads an i7 can give an amazing boost.

Not necessarily the threads only, there is also the matter of more L3 cache, I'm using an i7 as well myself, albeit an older one. Does very well paired with a 290X reducing CPU overhead and performing exceptionally well together.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White