Is there a head band / strap for using a ModMic without headphones?

Niels_at_home

Hi! Apologies if this is clearly available somewhere, I just couldn't find it!

I am happy with my ModMic, the sound is pretty good. But I often just want to wear the microphone when I'm recording some voice overs for example. Having a hot and sweaty pair of cans on my face is annoying in these cases!

Has anyone found something or made something for this?

Thanks!

Niels

Well, not really, as far as I can tell.

The whole point of using a ModMic is to stick it to a pair of headphones.

Still, you could try DIY-ing one yourself by cutting the cords and such from a pair of old headphones like these (https://www.amazon.com/Koss-KPH7-Lightweight-Portable-Headphone/dp/B006T9ZKAQ/ref=pd_sim_23_18?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G0MQ8X4NNRFSATJGA1WZ)

Duct Tape.

You could clip it to your shirt or to a table in front of you with a clothespin and perhaps a stick.

If you want it around your head, why not get a head band like females use to keep their hair down and stick the mod mic to that?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

If you want it around your head, why not get a head band like females use to keep their hair down and stick the mod mic to that?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

• 7 months later...

I ended up buying a pair of HBS902 headphones for cheap. They rest comfortaby around your neck, have no wires to get in the way, and have a nice flat surface to clip the modmic onto.