GTX 1070 overclocking question

ChrisxParkinson

Hey guys,

I have an exga 1070 and am using precision xoc to oc. Ive noticed that the gpu hits the power limit a lot even at stock frequencies, which jay said wasnt supposed to happen even under overclockign conditions. it doesnt really seem to affect the OC of the card but i was just wondering if thats a problem with the card at all? is it bad for it to be hitting its power limit ?

- Chris

7 minutes ago, ChrisxParkinson said:

Hey guys,

I have an exga 1070 and am using precision xoc to oc. Ive noticed that the gpu hits the power limit a lot even at stock frequencies, which jay said wasnt supposed to happen even under overclockign conditions. it doesnt really seem to affect the OC of the card but i was just wondering if thats a problem with the card at all? is it bad for it to be hitting its power limit ?

You mean that your card hits 120% power usage at stock speeds?

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

not 120 power usage. but like in precision xoc jayz2cents said it wasnt supposed to ever hit 1. mine continuously hits 100 percent for a split second then not i guess. I Haven't raised the power limit of my card so it hasnt been goign above 100 percent even with a 150 mhz offset.

- Chris

Chris, why not just use Jay's overclocking video he posted? 

i did use his video Kat... im just saying i was wondering if my card is defective because it routinely hits vale "1" for power limit even without OC

- Chris