Old pc

Hei, i have a quite old computer. I thought about upgrading it a bit. I want to upgrade the graphics card and was wondering if my old motherboard shuttle sx48E can connect to a newer card like gtx 660? Atm it is connected to nvida 9600 gt.

My processor is intel core 2 quad CPU Q9550. Can i upgrade my graphics card or i have to buy whole new pc?

3 minutes ago, Rohelinetee said:

Hei, i have a quite old computer. I thought about upgrading it a bit. I want to upgrade the graphics card and was wondering if my old motherboard shuttle sx48E can connect to a newer card like gtx 660? Atm it is connected to nvida 9600 gt.

My processor is intel core 2 quad CPU Q9550. Can i upgrade my graphics card or i have to buy whole new pc?

just buy new pc its total crap.

5 minutes ago, Rohelinetee said:

if it has pci express YES

u will just need new PSU for a 6 pin connector and more power i guess

It should have pci express x16. Hmm, okey :D I will tell my friend to take his shit apart and check it :D But thanks :D

i wouldn't bin it or cut to conclusions of saying just buy a new rig, unless the guy has a big need to.

looking at gt 9600's they look like they are powered by a single 6 pin, which i guess is all the connectors the psu has and will be happy having, so unless you upgrade the psu to something  better, your options will be limited.

Personally i could vouch for getting a 750Ti or even a 950 if you can find a good used one, as i believe the 750ti can be powered over the PCI-E slot or can be powered by a single 6 pin + pci e (some variants of the 750ti have a single 6 pin), 750ti will probably not perform as well as a 660, but it'll be a very sound upgrade over the 9600 GT

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!!