Friends EDITING/GAMING build

Silverfields

Its been FAR to long since I've been able to post on here. Glad to be back.

My friend is a photo/video editor by trade, and a PC enthusiast by hobby, so he wants to upgrade from his old i7 and 780's. He wants this PC to be functional and amazing to look at. Anything you see on this list that ISN'T black/white will be either spray painted white/or will be modded to fit into the theme. 

Priority: Editing Photos/Gaming->Video editing->3d rendering/CAD work->YT/Browsing

Alright, onto the build : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WZmmr7

I'll try to explain the reasoning behind the various choices we've made already.

CPU - For his editing tasks. He plans to overclock it to about 4.5ghz. From the benchmarks we've watched, it'll plow through all of his current workload crazy fast.
CPU Cooler - It fits the the theme, looks amazing, works well, not much else to say.
MOBO - Its white, it has everything he needs, not much else to say here.
RAM - White LED RAM. Fits perfectly. He wants 32 gigs in case he starts doing more video editing/multitasking
STORAGE - The SSD will be for his software and some games. He has one of those Intel PCI-E x4 SSD's for his OS/Editing software. WD Black for bulk storage, has 2 more of these already.
GPU - He's one of those guys that likes his PC's BIG, so I recommended him this card. We'll be doing some mods to change the backplate to make it match the theme.
CASE - Not negotiable. He LOVES the look of this case.
PSU - 750W, modular, white accents, works well.
OS - Will dual boot with macOS
FANS - The two 120mm fans will go on the CPU cooler, with the fans below the radiator. The 140mm one will be on the back slot behind the MOBO
MONITOR - Will be painting the red parts white, he wanted a dedicated gaming monitor for when he plays his games(He already has a LG Ultrawide, not sure what model)

So yeah, not much else to say. If you have better suggestions, it'll be greatly appreciated. Once we finalize the build, he'll be posting on pcpartpicker.

Thanks in advance!

Why Windows 8.1 but not 10?

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

-snip-

From what we've seen online, its still a mess of bugs.

Gonna go super-critical mode real quick, don't mind me.

You could save a chunk of cash by getting something other than a Samsung or Intel SSD. PNY, ADATA, and SanDisk are all awesome brands that I've used in the past and never had any issues with.

If your friend is serious about editing, get a cache SSD for 1-2 projects that he's actively working on, and for all of the editing software's cache. Also, get a bigger HDD. Project archives add up fast, even when each project is fairly small by itself.

You really don't need those extra fans, that case has plenty pre-installed. Just move them around if needed.

To save about $20 on RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233853

Other than that, good editing build!

Go with 500gb of SSD instead? I see with my 240gb it is a bit small. 

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Go with 500gb of SSD instead? I see with my 240gb it is a bit small. 

Uh, did you read through the PCPartPicker listing? The Samsung SSD listed is 500GB..

Just now, Its_Twitchyy said:

Uh, did you read through the PCPartPicker listing? The Samsung SSD listed is 500GB..

Sorry I looked at a different pcpartpicker list lol. Yeah 500GB is fine then

5 minutes ago, Its_Twitchyy said:

-snip-

In order:
He already has the Intel SSD, the Samsung has a massive warranty.
He already has a cache SSD, should have put that on there.
He cares about looks quite a bit. I told him that there were less expensive options, but he REALLY likes the ones listed.
He already has 3 terabtyes of HDD space and a 800 GB Intel PCI-E SSD

Just now, NLR said:

In order:
He already has the Intel SSD, the Samsung has a massive warranty.
He already has a cache SSD, should have put that on there.
He cares about looks quite a bit. I told him that there were less exensive options, but he REALLY likes the ones listed

He already has 3 terabtyes of HDD space and a 800 GB Intel PCI-E SSD

OK, thanks for the update! :)

2 minutes ago, Its_Twitchyy said:

-snip-

Thanks for noticing, should have put all of that in the original post xD

EDIT: Its already there lol, Intel SSD and HDD's are mentioned in the storage section : P

Here I've got a edited build, this will look amazing.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/r2sVwV

I've picked these parts, because..

1. ASUS deluxe II only has wifi compared to other x99 board, which isn't worth the price and the motherboard I've chosen has amazing look.(I also changed cpu, because it's better.

2. I chose this cooler, because the small fan looks stylistic.

3. I changed the case, because it's cheaper, but it still looks nice and it looks better than corsair 780t with the cooler, and mobo I've chosen.

4. I chose this psu, because it can support gtx 1080 sli without any issues, and it has nice build quality 850W G2 is my current psu which isn't different from 850W P2 except the efficiency.