[SOLVED] My Phone Drains Battery Way Too Fast...

Hey!

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge (Sprint) and my problem is that whenever I leave it on standby overnight, it drains the battery really fast all while doing nothing... I've tried using the RAM Manager as well as the AVG Battery Saver every night before I leave my phone on the desk overnight (these apps just clear all background applications so nothing is happening in the background to drain the battery).

I use my phone while I'm in bed right before I go to sleep, I use it for about an hour. Last night it was at 70% battery when I was done with it and going to sleep, and then I wake up after it being on standby over night and it's all the way at 11% !  There must be something wrong, there's no way that it drops so much in just around 8-10 hours of overnight standby.... I don't even have many apps. I have the 32GB version and only 16GB is used. The phone is just over 1 year old and I'm very OCD so I make sure this thing is very organized, clean, and not full of junk. I also use CCleaner about once a month to clear junk and background cache. For my antivirus, I use AVG, and I have an automatic scan every 3 days. It only takes about 20 seconds for an entire scan on my phone, so you can obviously tell that I don't have much stuff on my phone. The biggest thing that I use for storage is my photos/videos, which makes up about 8GB of the 16GB used. So yeah, I have zero clue what could possibly be draining my battery so fast while it's on standby overnight....

Any help would be great, thank you!

SOLVED, it was my VPN app using so much standby battery....

everything you have tried just increases battery drain. The best thing you can do is remove or disable any application that runs in the background. There is a root application called greenify that disables applications so they don't run but allows you to click on the icon and it opens has normal. That is an option if you are rooted.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

everything you have tried just increases battery drain. The best thing you can do is remove or disable any application that runs in the background. There is a root application called greenify that disables applications so they don't run but allows you to click on the icon and it opens has normal. That is an option if you are rooted.

Unfortunately I'm not rooted. But you said "The best thing you can do is remove or disable any application that runs in the background." and that's what both RAM Manager and AVG Battery Saver do, they disable all the useless background applications...

Instead of thinking of those apps as disabling apps from running in the background, think of it as a app restarter. When you force an app or service to close with those apps, you also force it to restart. Let Android just mind its own business, and your battery life will improve. 

39 minutes ago, Repost said:

Instead of thinking of those apps as disabling apps from running in the background, think of it as a app restarter. When you force an app or service to close with those apps, you also force it to restart. Let Android just mind its own business, and your battery life will improve. 

It's been like this for a while now, I've just recently (last week) started using these "app disable" apps recently, thinking it would help, but it hasn't improved. The problem doesn't seem to be these "app disable" apps, since this problem has been happening the same way before and after I started using these "app disable" apps.

Can you go into your Settings, then into Battery and look at what is draining it (maybe give a screenshot)? This is different on every phone, but some say what app uses the most, some tell you cellular connection over time - all helpful information. 

Without knowing much about your phone, I'd say kill the background processes. Those include the processes that run in the background to kill background processes. If you want the best battery life, you have to do this yourself - go through every app and tune the settings so that you know everything that runs in the background, and be very vigilante of what gets downloaded on your phone. It's not hard to do if you keep up with it, and your OCD description seems like it would be worth it to you.

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

SOLVED

Apparently my VPN app was using up over 30% of my entire battery! (Second biggest being YouTube at 3%) Never expected that...lol well thanks to anyone that tried to help me out :)