First build....(Seemed like a good idea at the time.)

ok,  got it running.

How good remains to be seen when I hook up a decent screen.

What a beautiful case this is.

Do I seed to change anything in the bios? Now all fans are running all the time, although it is quite quiet.

IMG_0916.JPGIMG_0919.JPGIMG_0920.JPG

Looking good! Glad to hear you got it worked out. :)

• Quindor from the Intermittent Technology blog (intermit.tech) and YouTube channel (Intermit.Tech)
  • Organizer of LAN-parties (1100 people) The Party and CampZone (~2000 people)
  • Officially a senior storage expert, un-officially a networking expert, besides all of that enjoys lots of different computer related subjects
  • Aspiring video maker! ;)

Yeah, at least it works now.

Thing is now however that I don't trust the fans to work properly when stressed to the max.

The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv atx Tempered Glass edition case has a fan hub powered by a Sata cable, and a line in that I'm supposed to connect to the CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard.

My CPU cooler has two fans though with 4pin cables. The Fan hub has 3pin output connectors to the case fans and they want me to connect the CPU fans on it aswell.

A 4 pin cable to a 3 pin fan hub?

Now I've got the two cpu fans connected with a 4pin Y cable that came with the Noctua cooler connected to CPU_Fan on the motherboard and the 4pin input cable of the fan hub with all the case fans connected to it attatched to Syst_Fan 2 on the motherboard.

Is that to much for one connector to handle? Manual said that the SATA cable should not be attatched if you use another port than the CPU_FAN connector.

Who can solve this riddle for me?

No, running two fans off a motherboard FAN header is just fine (especially Noctuas). Just don't go too much above that. If you want to string more or higher powered fans it's advisable to feed them using your PSU directly.

They have nice PWM spillter cables for that (You will need all 4 pin fans). It gets the power from the PSU but then gets the RPM signal and PWM signal from the motherboard, ideal!

• Quindor from the Intermittent Technology blog (intermit.tech) and YouTube channel (Intermit.Tech)
  • Organizer of LAN-parties (1100 people) The Party and CampZone (~2000 people)
  • Officially a senior storage expert, un-officially a networking expert, besides all of that enjoys lots of different computer related subjects
  • Aspiring video maker! ;)