~$900 USD build, looking to cut down the price.

NyxeonFX

I'm back. *totally not Pokemon go song reference*

Hey LTT! 

I need some help with Cutting down the price on my build!

This build will be mainly for Editing and Gaming!
I am willing to take ALL suggestions, so throw what you've got at me!
Anyways.....
Here is the PC Part Picker link!
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gsWbKZ

I hope all of you could help me, and save me the pain of having to work for even more money wasting it on things

that are not even essential to the build that I can shave down! ( Other than the case, please :) )
Thanks!

Want any Graphic design or Motion design? Hit me up via the Site, or adding me on skype @ NyxeonFX

Lol, that guy with the $5k PC build request is distracting people :P Still need help here!

Want any Graphic design or Motion design? Hit me up via the Site, or adding me on skype @ NyxeonFX

Just now, NyxeonFX said:

Lol, that guy with the $5k PC build request is distracting people :P Still need help here!

Working on it, you're not making it easy wanting that 160$ case, which basically means it's a 750$ budget.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

wheres ur gpu

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

Just now, Xineas said:

Working on it, you're not making it easy wanting that 160$ case, which basically means it's a 750$ budget.

Wasn't being serious about the guy with the 5k post, But that case is an extremely good, and has a lot of good features for a newer builder like me and also has astonishing looks.

1 minute ago, Yttrizy said:

wheres ur gpu

I'm planning to use the CPU's integrated graphics, as i am not doing any Extremely heavy gaming.

Just now, NyxeonFX said:

Wasn't being serious about the guy with the 5k post, But that case is an extremely good, and has a lot of good features for a newer builder like me and also has astonishing looks.

I'm not gonna argue with that, it is a stunning case, I love it. But at this budget, hmm. Lemme see if I can make something.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

Just now, NyxeonFX said:

I'm planning to use the CPU's integrated graphics, as i am not doing any Extremely heavy gaming.

skylake doesnt have integrated graphics

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

Yes they do. Skylakes do, Broadwell-E doesn't.

Actually, the Intel i7 6700k includes the Intel HD Graphics 530 integrated graphics :)

Go with only a 1tb hard drive unless you really need the space, go to one 8gb stick unless you are using an insane about of tabs, and then look at the business class boards (H series chipsets). I would also go to the 6700 non k part if you are planning on not overclocking.

Just now, Andster29 said:

Go with only a 1tb hard drive unless you really need the space, go to one 8gb stick unless you are using an insane about of tabs, and then look at the business class boards (H series chipsets). I would also go to the 6700 non k part if you are planning on not overclocking.

I am definitely going to be overclocking, no doubt about that. The 2TB is about the price of some 1TB HDD's, and I'm also going to be needing a lot of storage, and for the RAM, I need a decent amount of ram as I do motion design, and rendering takes a decent amount of ram, and I will be multitasking while doing so.

Just now, NyxeonFX said:

I am definitely going to be overclocking, no doubt about that. The 2TB is about the price of some 1TB HDD's, and I'm also going to be needing a lot of storage, and for the RAM, I need a decent amount of ram as I do motion design, and rendering takes a decent amount of ram, and I will be multitasking while doing so.

Then my only other suggestion would be to get a lower wattage power supply. You do not need a 750W psu for that system. 

5 minutes ago, Andster29 said:

Then my only other suggestion would be to get a lower wattage power supply. You do not need a 750W psu for that system. 

Ok, sounds like a plan,

My thoughts:

If you're really stuck to this specific case I'd go for this: Lower wattage PSU, better cooler. It does come in slightly over 900$. You don't want to overclock an i7 with a 212 EVO if you're going to have it render stuff, just get something that keeps temperatures down more.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/r2Mcbj

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($112.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($61.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $938.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-25 18:47 EDT-0400

OR... it's baby brother case: Similar, but more storage and does fit within the 900$ budget.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9d278K
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($110.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($90.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $893.41
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-25 18:54 EDT-0400

3 minutes ago, Xineas said:

My thoughts:

If you're really stuck to this specific case I'd go for this: Lower wattage PSU, better cooler. It does come in slightly over 900$. You don't want to overclock an i7 with a 212 EVO if you're going to have it render stuff, just get something that keeps temperatures down more.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/r2Mcbj

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($112.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($61.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $938.32
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-25 18:47 EDT-0400

OR... it's baby brother case: Similar, but more storage and does fit within the 900$ budget.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9d278K
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($110.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($90.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $893.41
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-25 18:54 EDT-0400

thanks! Will check it out :)