More lag than usual

ItsMinJunLol

Hi guys! I noticed that my mac's running slower than usual. I haven't really installed much, and I'm just running chrome, Itunes, and skype (finder too of course). I don't know why but it's VERY laggy these days. I tried to watch a video, but the sound and video didn't match, the sound was like 30 secs in advance, and also, the video was very laggy. What is happening and how can I make it better? Thanks!

Either a virus, overheating or failing HDD

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

9 minutes ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Hi guys! I noticed that my mac's running slower than usual. I haven't really installed much, and I'm just running chrome, Itunes, and skype (finder too of course). I don't know why but it's VERY laggy these days. I tried to watch a video, but the sound and video didn't match, the sound was like 30 secs in advance, and also, the video was very laggy. What is happening and how can I make it better? Thanks!

run malwarebytes on your mac to check for any virus

2 minutes ago, Kantor said:

I think you posted in the wrong thread

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

1 minute ago, Ernest_L said:

I think you posted in the wrong thread

yea i have a couple open at once sorry

2 minutes ago, SeamusFrederick said:

run malwarebytes on your mac to check for any virus

and this is good advise to start off with.

build: Frankenstein http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/QLBRVY

i know it's nuts but the drives i bought over time as i need more storage.

Check your task manager if you have that on mac, CPU/RAM usage should be low when youre not doing anything

Also download a S.M.A.R.T hdd tester software and do a quick check on your HDD

I have around 85% cpu load and around 25% of memory pressure which I think it's mem usage. I don't have a HDD, it's a SSD for my mac air, which I believe it's PCI-e. I have antivirus and I'll do a system scan with Avast Antivirus now. Thanks for helping me out! I'll post the results after doing a system scan.

P. S. My mac's running at around 70-80C at 1200 rpm. It's quite low compared to when it's turbo boosting or I'm putting a heavy load on it.