What Keyboard should I buy ?

MicrosoftCertTechnician

I plan on gaming on it, but I will be primarily using it to type essays and do school work, I also plan on using it even when I go to college, so I want it to be durable and should at least last me 8 years.

It sounds like you want a mechanical keyboard- how much are you willing to spend on it? Last I checked the Corsair K70 blue switches was a good option, but there may be some more recent releases.

Just now, Killervolt said:

It sounds like you want a mechanical keyboard- how much are you willing to spend on it? Last I checked the Corsair K70 blue switches was a good option, but there may be some more recent releases.

approx 150 

Just now, MicrosoftCertTechnician said:

approx 150 

i reccommend you look at some of the models from DasKeyboard. they make brilliant quality CherryMX boards that should last you long enough, and are very nice to type on!

Logitech, Razer

depends on your preference. 150 should enough for high quality gaming keyboard

Te Steelseries 6gv2 should last quite long since it has metal plate so it will stand a lot of damage(eg. Getting knocked around in a backpack, getting dropped) but to be honest most mechanical keyboards should last over 8 years if you take good care of it.