Windows.old ??????

Akadis
Go to solution Solved by TAHIRMIA,
1 minute ago, Akadis said:

So after the big win 10 update i have that damn windows.old folder on my C drive which eats 22GB off my close-to-full SSD.

What is it good for? can I just delete it? on my main PC i had an issue with my arduino program after i deleted it (worked after reinstall) do I need to worry about something else?

Thanks

It will delete itself after 30 days its just a backup 

So after the big win 10 update i have that damn windows.old folder on my C drive which eats 22GB off my close-to-full SSD.

What is it good for? can I just delete it? on my main PC i had an issue with my arduino program after i deleted it (worked after reinstall) do I need to worry about something else?

Thanks

Thanks

It will delete itself after 30 days its just a backup 

Hello

It's a backup of the old Windows installation in case you want to switch back to it. You can just delete it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

4 minutes ago, HoiDaniel said:

You can delete it. It's just the old windows as the name suggests.

2 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

It's a backup of the old Windows installation in case you want to switch back to it. You can just delete it.

How do I delete it? even with admin rights it won't let me

search disk cleanup on your search bar and use that utility to clean your pc (including your said windows.old file)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

2 minutes ago, Akadis said:

You can do it through the disk cleanup tool. link

7 minutes ago, Akadis said:

Give yourself master rights. I don't trust that trustedinstaller.

Something ain't quite right...

If you're super lazy like me, you can just download this thingy: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Then you just right click, take ownership, and it gives you all the privileges to send unruly programs to the deepest pits of your recycling bin.

You'll need to run the disk cleanup tool as administrator, otherwise the option to remove the old Windows files often won't show up.