Galaxy Note 7 vs iPhone 6S Speed Test

TheReal1980

The Note 7 launched not long ago and compared to the iPhone 6s is has double the ram (4GB vs 2GB) and double the CPU cores (4 vs 2) and in real life test it does not even come close to the iPhone 6s? I know the Note 7 has higher resolution et.c but it is much more powerful, how can this be?

See the video here:

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

Apple did some funky shit with the storage controller in it I think. Also IOS is a lot more optimized than android. 

9 minutes ago, TheReal1980 said:

The Note 7 launched not long ago and compared to the iPhone 6s is has double the ram (4GB vs 2GB) and double the CPU cores (4 vs 2) and in real life test it does not even come close to the iPhone 6s? I know the Note 7 has higher resolution et.c but it is much more powerful, how can this be?

See the video here:

A9 has better ipc 

android eats ram. iOS can have 6 apps open in ram without a sweat 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, sqzit said:

Oh and also, in general, apps are made better for IOS for some reason.

Well iOS is a stable OS that is released to every phone of that category, and they update all the way back to the 4S still. That means that have a standardized OS for developers. Android users use all different versions of android, many phones become un-supported by their companies and don't receive updates, and in general you can code and release stuff easier, less optimization and security, and in general, adds up to the IOS platform being so much more stable.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

1 minute ago, Trav_X said:

Well iOS is a stable OS that is released to every phone of that category, and they update all the way back to the 4S still. That means that have a standardized OS for developers. Android users use all different versions of android, many phones become un-supported by their companies and don't receive updates, and in general you can code and release stuff easier, less optimization and security, and in general, adds up to the IOS platform being so much more stable.

stable my ass. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

As above, the optimisation Apple did with the A9 CPU, memory and storage controller is so impressive. That Anandtech article does a really great job going into it and even Linus mentioned it on a few occasions on his review and the wan show. 

I think it may come down to a difference of priorities - Apple focused a lot (with it being the 's' cycle phone) on the internals and optimisation. 

With the Note 7, Samsung seem to have simply taken the (pretty good) S7 internals and added extra features like the Stylus, Iris scanner, refined edge screen etc. 

They are are two differing approaches. Personally I prefer my 6s because whilst it's not too flashy, it's super fast and super stable. Some of my friends though prefer the impressive flashy features, even though they have the caveat of not being as stable. 

Just now, themctipers said:

stable my ass. 

Well, you know, a little more stable than a competitor offering.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

1 minute ago, Trav_X said:

Well, you know, a little more stable than a competitor offering.

Hehehehe.. With my experience with iOS 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3 prejailbreak it's a potato and the note 5 I have is more stable. 

I mean it doesn't have random app crashes. Or random reboots. Or wifi dropouts randomly..The note 5 runs 6.0.1 (I think.) .. My device is a 6s plus.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Pretty much nothing to do with how fast the SoC is.  The 6S just has faster storage, in mobile computing how fast your storage is directly correlates to how fast apps can launch. It's also why iOS devices can get away with lower-than-average RAM amounts since the devices are so fast at launching apps from cold anyway.

That's not to say that Apple doesn't have geniuses designing excellent SoC's for them.  The A9 and A9X are brilliant pieces of hardware, and I expect the A10 and A10X to be even better.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh