Should I get a mouse or a keyboard?

HI

I've been looking at good gaming mice and mechanical keyboards for awhile now, but I can't decide which one I want to get first. I'm going to be mostly using them for gaming and Internet browsing.  

The keyboard i'm looking at is a Ducky shine 3 with brown switches and a green backlight and the mouse is a Razer deathadder 2013.

If i get the mouse first i will still have $100 left over, but the mouse I have now isn't tooo bad and I probably need to upgrade my keyboard more.

Thanks!

I would go keyboard over mouse....

Keyboard you use more... (Or will notice more)

Plus a basic mouse will normally get you by better than a basic keyboard will.

I would go keyboard over mouse....

Keyboard you use more... (Or will notice more)

Plus a basic mouse will normally get you by better than a basic keyboard will.

Yeah, I was thinking I would get the keyboard

Keyboard. Going mechanical is one of the best transitions you will ever experience.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

What is your current mouse and keyboard? 

The basic acer membraine keyboard and mouse from my dads computer

The Shrine is a very solid mechanical keyboard and will suite you very well.

Plus, saving up for a mouse afterwards should be pretty cheap compared to the keyboard.  :rolleyes:

Get the keyboard. The jump from membrane to mechanical is pretty big, much bigger than from cheap mouse to gaming mouse. It's more worth it in my opinion.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The basic acer membraine keyboard and mouse from my dads computer

Keyboard. Then save up quickly for the DeathAdder for your FPS games.

Guess I am alone in voting for mouse. But it depends on the genre (rts I'd say keyboard first, fps mouse first). 

you are not alone... I would say mouse over keyboard. You hold your mouse in your hand all the time...It's not just the "gaming" features that are important- ergonomics are very,very important- at least for me.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

Go for new keyboard!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition