Do I qualify for this?

Coombzy

Hey guys so I have decided to make the jump from 2007 up to Office 365 university but I am still not sure just wanted to ask whether the subscription is not just limited to university students basically

this package to be exact:http://www.software4students.co.uk/products/microsoft-office-365-university

PS: for reference I am a college student

As long as you have a valid univeristy address and can prove you're attending, I don't see why you wouldn't be? 

For what it offers, that's a pretty good deal. 

Error: 410

Hey guys so I have decided to make the jump from 2007 up to Office 365 university but I am still not sure just wanted to ask whether the subscription is not just limited to university students basically

this package to be exact:http://www.software4students.co.uk/products/microsoft-office-365-university

PS: for reference I am a college student

I would say no "Please ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria (university student with a valid university email or ISIC card number) before purchasing this software"

As long as you have a valid univeristy address and can prove you're attending, I don't see why you wouldn't be? 

For what it offers, that's a pretty good deal. 

not a university student I attend college it says something about college and university students but I am still not sure whether its specific colleges or something like that

I would say no "Please ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria (university student with a valid university email or ISIC card number) before purchasing this software"

I have an ISIC card

and this is what I found looking around 

4NL78.png

I'd like to know what feature you needed to upgrade or what feature was missing in the 2007 version?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

not a university student I attend college it says something about college and university students but I am still not sure whether its specific colleges or something like that

A college is more specific, there can be a college of medicine and a university that has a medical school within it.

Error: 410

I have an ISIC card

and this is what I found looking around 

4NL78.png

In that case you will probably be ok with a ISIC card, I don't think that many colleges issue them (well the ones i know of don't). 

I'd like to know what feature you needed to upgrade or what feature was missing in the 2007 version?

I wanted 365 due to the fact if they release office 2015 or something I will get that my 2007 is getting old and dated and for some reason tends to bug if I had 2010 I would not be updating.

You don't lose anything. If the store doesn't validate you as a student eligible for the offer, nothing will be charged.

You don't need to be a student within the 4 years subscription, just at the moment. The only condition is that you don't make commercial stuff with Office. It's there for student, not a cheap way to run your personal business,. is what Microsoft is saying.

I wanted 365 due to the fact if they release office 2015 or something I will get that my 2007 is getting old and dated and for some reason tends to bug if I had 2010 I would not be updating.

It is a smart move.. especially that it's for 2 PC/Mac. A price you just cant beat.

Beside after 4 years, you'll probably have a well paying job, so you could afford Office.

Really? So you are some kind of writer or need the latest version because you won't be able to accomplish a writing/spreadsheet task with 2007?

I could understand if you were a writer or business type who needed Microsoft support because you do state of the art calc's and word processing/presentation tasks. But if you're just a student who will soon graduate and not do more paper writing or spreadsheet calc's once you graduate you're throwing you money out the door. If you are truely scared that someone will send you a virused/bugged doc and ruin your computer, just run 2007 in a VM and snapshot it every day so you can always rollback to the previous day to your bugged doc ruined things. Then if you do get a job that required it, its up to your boss to buy it not you as its a tool for the job and if they won't buy it you can buy any version and get your dough back in tax write offs if its truely an integral part of your job.

Use LibreOffice/OpenOffice and never pay another dime for something you might use, the more you use it the better it gets and if a feature is missing you can always ask if they will add it and most likely it will be added if enough people need it. Donate if you desparately need said missing feature and for sure it will get added.

He might using OneNote, the ultimate (in my opinion) note taking software. And compare to 2007, it is much improved. 2007 is too tablet (without touch screen) optimized. 2013 has a bit focus on touch screen and more importantly, laptops. There is a big difference. Outlook also got a nice set of improvement over 2007.

Also, he might be interested in Office 2013 improvement with 2010.

- Ability to customize the ribbon bar

- Edit SkyDrive Office documents from Office offline, but not actually download it, instead of using the web app.

- Edit, Create, Read PDF documents

- GPU accelerated Power Point presentation

- GPU accelerated interface of all Office apps

- New picture editing options

- Ribbon bar on all Office apps

- Improve hand recognition, and ink system.

- Paste Preview

- Touch screen friendly

- Format Pane in Power Point

- Protected View

- Insert Screen Shot

- Navigation Pane

- 64-bit support

- Improve making charts

- Video editing (in Power Point)

- 16:9 Power Point Slide, no more stuck with 4:3

- SkyDrive intergartion

and more...

I think he's using it just because and pretty much no other reason.

I think he's using it just because and pretty much no other reason.

No I use one note to take notes office to write up essays and the new PowerPoint has some features I would like to use most of the features I would like GoodBytes got correct I will also mention 2007 seems to be buggy and halt a lot for me not sure why but things certainly seem smoother in the 2013 trial I tried.