$3000 CAD Build Plans

chikencs

Over the next year, I'm pretty much building a new pc, just keeping my old HDD and SSD. Is this a good build?

Motherboard: ASUS X99-DELUXE II Socket 2011-v3
CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz
PSU: Corsair RMi Series RM850i
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T White

I'm gonna be buying half of the items this year,and the next half next year, is this build gonna last a good amount of time? Should I get the CPU, Mobo, and CPU cooler this year and wait for more pascal options like the 1080 ti next year?

waiting more than a month to complete a build isnt something id recommend. By the time you'll be done, you'll wish you bought smething else.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

The H115i is overkill unless you are going to overclock your cpu (which you probably should do since that is an unlocked cpu).  But if not you'd be better off with an air cooler.  It would probably be better to buy all your parts around the same time.  You can always sell the 1080 and upgrade in the future.