Specs of what is in the Case so far:

MaBo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D

Memory: 16GB GSkill @ 3000MHz

PSU: Corsair RM650x

HDD: WD Blue 2TB

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i

I'm missing the CPU and the GPU. I'm thinking i5 6600k and a GTX1070.

But I saw that Video where Linus build a NAS into a Gaming PC using unraid. So maybe I will go with an i7 6700k to not bloking this option.

I build in some custom RGB Lighting using open source Hardware and Software. I can controll the color of the LED Strip over Bluetooth with my Smartphone.

Any suugestions regarding CPU and GPU choises ? or maybe even some advise regarding unraid (Gaming PC combined with NAS) ? 

Thanks ! C ya!

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif

IMAG0001.jpg

IMG-20160816-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20160817-WA0006.jpeg

Don't bother with the unraid idea...do you even need a NAS? If so, get an actual NAS rather than using unraid...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

The 6700k is really good as I use it in my main rig and overclocked at 4.9ghz but it is a really good cpu to use and it is a very stable and fast processor.

Main Rig

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.9ghz | MotherBoard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero | GPU: EVGA SC GTX Titan OC'd | Case: 750D AirFlow Edition  | Power Supply: Corsair CX750M | RAM: G.Skill RipJaws V 4x8gb 32gb @ 2133mhz | Cooling: Corsair H115i GTX | Storage: 2 x WD Blue 2TB HDD

Girlfriend's Rig:

Spoiler

CPU: fx-6300| MotherBoard: Asus M5A97 | GPU: EVGA SSC ACX 2.0+ GTX 960 2GB | Case: Deep Cool Tesseract | Power Supply: Corsair CX500M | RAM: 8GB | Cooling: Hyper 212 EVO | Storage: 1 WD Blue 1TB HDD 

10 hours ago, MachmirIndiehos said:

~snip~

Hey there :)

I'd agree with @Mr.Meerkat on the NAS part. If you solely need a NAS for file sharing purposes better go for a dedicated pre-build NAS such as the WD My Cloud and use the build solely for gaming or other types of usage.  

What's the purpose of the build? Are you going for gaming? If yes what games and settings are you after? 

If you do plan to use the build as a NAS and plan on expanding your storage I would suggest that you consider a RAID solution for data redundancy and use NAS/RAID -class drives such as WD Red for better performance and reliability.  

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

7 hours ago, Captain_WD said:

What's the purpose of the build? Are you going for gaming? If yes what games and settings are you after? 

definitely gaming. no video edeting / streaming. thats why i think i dont need hyperthreading so i5 6600k would be more than enough.

im interested in the nas part because i think it would be cool :D but yeah.. just because it is cool im not going to spend the money on unraid and all those drives.. maybe in the future :)

4 hours ago, MachmirIndiehos said:

definitely gaming. no video edeting / streaming. thats why i think i dont need hyperthreading so i5 6600k would be more than enough.

im interested in the nas part because i think it would be cool :D but yeah.. just because it is cool im not going to spend the money on unraid and all those drives.. maybe in the future :)

Im really into arma 3.

On 19.08.2016 г. at 11:32 PM, MachmirIndiehos said:

~snip~

Since this is the case you should be fine with the parts that you have chosen. 

Try looking around for other people who have experience with this game and the workloads that it demands (if it's more CPU or more GPU intensive). 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/