MSI R9 390x Running worryingly hot

Hi guys, I come to you (once again) with another temperature problem! But this time it's to do with my GPU rather than my CPU.

Okay so, I have done a lot of searching around to find the solution but I have not been able to solve my problem, which is my GPU (MSI R9 390x) running at 94 degrees Celsius when playing games such as GTA V and H1Z1. 

It's worth noting that my GPU only gets to around 80c at most when playing DotA 2, however that game simply isn't that graphically intensive. 

In terms of performance, I believe the frames per second in these games have been unaffected (or as far as I can tell, I don't keep track of my FPS however I do not get any lag), however I'm just worried that running the GPU at 94c~ is going to cause damage or degrade performance over time. Not only that, but I don't really want to have it heating up my other components / the room the PC is in.

Users online have suggested re-pasting the GPU which I have done (doesn't void the warranty according to MSI) just a few hours ago, and yet it still gradually reaches 94c.

Other factors that could have an effect on the temperature is fan speed and case air flow, however;

• I use a generous fan curve (15% higher than the temp reading in Celsius at all times, for example, 60c would be 75% fan speed)
  • My case has relatively okay air flow, considering that it is a HAF 912 Plus (HAF = High Air Flow) with a 200mm intake fan at the front, and a 120mm exhaust fan at the back)
  • My CPU cooler is a Hyper 212 Evo with a single push fan (set up correctly, pushes air towards the exhaust). CPU doesn't get higher than 65c.

Does anyone have any idea on what could be the problem? I have tried contacting MSI about it however 4 emails later I haven't gotten any useful information, just broken English confirming temps with Unigine Valley.

Also, very soon I will be partitioning my SSD to do a fresh install of Windows 10 (Currently on 7) and then trying different driver versions to see if that makes a difference. 

Screenshot is of the MSI Afterburner window featuring GPU temps along with utilisation and memory usage whilst playing H1Z1.

MSIAfterburner_2016-08-15_20-39-07.png

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

put new paste on it

Users online have suggested re-pasting the GPU which I have done (doesn't void the warranty according to MSI) just a few hours ago, and yet it still gradually reaches 94c.

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

then get a new card

Are all your posts shitposts? I'm only looking for serious answers here please. 

RMA that shit if it drops clock speeds

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, Pluto said:

Are all your posts shitposts? I'm only looking for serious answers here please. 

no legit get a new card it has a problem, RMA it, smart one

some peoples kids I tell ya 

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

RMA that shit if it drops clock speeds

Clock speeds are completely fine, just the temps that are a problem. I'll report back after doing a clean install with different drivers (despite having used two different versions and having the same problem).

5 minutes ago, Pluto said:

Clock speeds are completely fine, just the temps that are a problem. I'll report back after doing a clean install with different drivers (despite having used two different versions and having the same problem).

it's not the drivers man

either a bad thermal probe or broken cooler

RMA it

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I agree, RMA that card. Even my Gigabyte Windforce 390x wouldn't hit those temps despite being a near copy of a 970 cooler. If repasting didn't help you might have a bad card.