Need help

OK so I'm stuck in a rut, Im having a hard time deciding whether I should get the i3 6100 ($130) and if so which mobo or a package deal with the i5 6600 and MSI z170a m5 for ($320).

Want mainly for everyday use and light gaming. Don't want to spend a ton of money, but want something good, about a $650 computer build.

Ok, well seeing that I could get the 6600 for about $225 what mobo would be good to go with that that's not more than $100 and is better than the MSI z170a m5, if there is one, or should I just go with the 6500?

you dont need a z170 mobo with a non k cpu, go with h170 as it has no overclocking abilities as your cpu is not overclockable 

3 minutes ago, Herbz said:

you dont need a z170 mobo with a non k cpu, go with h170 as it has no overclocking abilities as your cpu is not overclockable 

I prefer b150. More useful features, as it is business oriented.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Would be your recommendation for a h170 motherboard then?

Ok well say I don't want to game at all what would be better for regular computing, basic everyday computer stuff?

1 minute ago, Trevor b said:

Ok well say I don't want to game at all what would be better for regular computing, basic everyday computer stuff?

CPU or mobo? I would say i3 6100 on a b150 board