New CPU but need help to choose

Hi LinusTechTips

I am going to build a new computer, since my old pc just died. I could reuse the i7-2600k (if it is not the component that died :P ). However I really would like to upgrade.

But I can't deside between these 3 CPU's:
I7-6700k

I7-6800k
Or
I7-6850k

I am 60-70% of the time gaming on the computer, and the last 30-40% I am working on it. I am using applications that can use the cores (analog electronics simulations), but I don't know if it is worth it to get the 6 cores cpu's since the price is higher. 

I would like to build a system that can hold 5 years again, before I should consider to upgrade the cpu, and I do hear that DX12 will make it able to use more cpu cores in games, but who know what will happen in the future.

I would set up a system with:
1 GPU 
1 or 2 M.2 SSD's

32gb ram (Using ramdisk sometimes).

What do you guys think will be the best idear?
Looking forword to your advice

i7 6800k, I have that CPU and it never fails to complete a task I throw at it, no point going 6850k as the only difference is the higher clock speed which you can get when you over clock the 6800k. Mine is overclocked to a stable 4.3GHz.

Watch this, this video made my final decision between the 6700k and 6800k. 

5820K... Cheaper than 6800K and better than the 6700K.... There is one drawback though, the 5820K is not as good for gaming as the 6700K....

6850K is useless, unless you want 4way SLI (obsolete) 

I would advise you to get the 5820K over the 6700K, as in a couple of years you will be able to pick up a 6950X for less than $400... The 6700K is top of the line for Z170, so, there is no upgrade path.... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Additionally, the 5820K has more headroom to do other things WHILE gaming.... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

We can't have Linus on his own forum! It'll go to his head :D