PC Won't Boot Into Windows

mathmeister

Had to reinstall Windows and after I install a few drivers and restart, this happens. I've been doing it over and over again with similar results. 

Looks like a messed up Windows install. Your bios is doing it's part since you can see the spinning circle for Windows. Try running boot repair from a Windows installer USB or just do a fresh install.

3 hours ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Looks like a messed up Windows install. Your bios is doing it's part since you can see the spinning circle for Windows. Try running boot repair from a Windows installer USB or just do a fresh install.

Reinstalled it multiple times and it randomly goes black and won't boot into Windows and other times it boots ans everything works fine till the screen goes black.

1 hour ago, mathmeister said:

Reinstalled it multiple times and it randomly goes black and won't boot into Windows and other times it boots ans everything works fine till the screen goes black.

Does install process go through OK? This could be bad drive which is causing issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Does install process go through OK? This could be bad drive which is causing issue.

Installed fine, didnt get to install the VGA and GPU drivers but it was showing everything gine without it. The PC is still running, it just goes black and if I restart it, it does what happened in the video. If i wait a while, then turn it on, it works for like 10 minutes.

2 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

Installed fine, didnt get to install the VGA and GPU drivers but it was showing everything gine without it. The PC is still running, it just goes black and if I restart it, it does what happened in the video. If i wait a while, then turn it on, it works for like 10 minutes.

Yeah, thats hardware issue. I'm not quite sure which part it is. Could be OS drive, could be mobo, could be RAM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yeah, thats hardware issue. I'm not quite sure which part it is. Could be OS drive, could be mobo, could be RAM.

I just noticed that if its black, its on but its not showing anything or putting out sound. I was able to connect my spotify to my pc so i know its booting properly. Could this be a graphics card issue? Sometimes it comes back on for a few seconds. It could be the SSD because I had a sudden power loss during an update and the boot drive had to be wiped. I heard they're prone to sudden power loss.

6 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

I just noticed that if its black, its on but its not showing anything or putting out sound. I was able to connect my spotify to my pc so i know its booting properly. Could this be a graphics card issue? Sometimes it comes back on for a few seconds. It could be the SSD because I had a sudden power loss during an update and the boot drive had to be wiped. I heard they're prone to sudden power loss.

Could be. You can test it by using just iGPU for one boot. If it works without problems, you have issue there. If you got same thing again, RAM is best to check next. Or SSD if you have another drive you can use as temp boot drive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Could be. You can test it by using just iGPU for one boot. If it works without problems, you have issue there. If you got same thing again, RAM is best to check next. Or SSD if you have another drive you can use as temp boot drive.

I just plugged in the HDMI cable instead of Displayport and it's displaying everything fine, I'll give it some time and see if it's actually working long term. What do I do if the displayport was the problem.

1 minute ago, mathmeister said:

I just plugged in the HDMI cable instead of Displayport and it's displaying everything fine, I'll give it some time and see if it's actually working long term. What do I do if the displayport was the problem.

If its issue for you not having it, RMA. If you can live without it, don't RMA.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

If its issue for you not having it, RMA. If you can live without it, don't RMA.

Well text doesn't look as clear even though they were both outputting at 1440p, is it just placebo or is that a thing?

6 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

Well text doesn't look as clear even though they were both outputting at 1440p, is it just placebo or is that a thing?

You can redo Windows Clear-Type optimization if it makes you feel better :D

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can redo Windows Clear-Type optimization if it makes you feel better :D

nvm it was just the scaling, had to restart for it to work properly lol. There aren't any downsides to HDMI at 1440p 60hz to a single monitor so I'll just stick with it.