Why is my refresh rate at 60Hz when display is supposed to be a 75Hz monitor?

Chaos_Sorcerer

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1224165-REG/lg_25um58_p_25_ultrawide_led.html

It shows the refresh rate as 75Hz, but it shows up as 60Hz in the display settings menu. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Running at native resolution. 2560 x 1080. Clearly labelled 75Hz. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Just now, Tosa said:

And you can't change it to 75hz anywhere?

Nope.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Running at native resolution. 2560 x 1080. Clearly labelled 75Hz. 

I have the 29" version of that monitor. It does support 75Hz, but you have to use the HDMI cable they provided to get it there, and you may even have to go a step further and create a custom resolution in Catalyst Control Center to open it up.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

What kind of cable do you use between the computer and the monitor?

Just now, aisle9 said:

I have the 29" version of that monitor. It does support 75Hz, but you have to use the HDMI cable they provided to get it there, and you may even have to go a step further and create a custom resolution in Catalyst Control Center to open it up.

Oh...the cable they included was stupidly short, so I got my own. What is Catalyst Control Center? Hasn't it been replaced by Radeon Settings/Crimson?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Oh...the cable they included was stupidly short, so I got my own. What is Catalyst Control Center? Hasn't it been replaced by Radeon Settings/Crimson?

Probably. The PC I'm sitting in front of has an Intel GPU, and I'm too lazy to roll my chair six feet to my right to turn on my HD 7770-powered rig and find out :P

I'm not sure what it is about their cable that's special...maybe just HDMI 2.0? I tried to use a cable of my own that was already run behind my desk, and it came up unable to hit 75Hz, so who knows?

Not all cables have enough bandwidth to both run that hz and that resolution, I believe. If both the GPU and the monitor supports DisplayPort, then that'd be a safe bet.

I got the cable at Winners...looked like a pretty solid cable. Eh...whatever. I guess I'll pick up a higher-bandwidth cable on Amazon or something. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Probably. The PC I'm sitting in front of has an Intel GPU, and I'm too lazy to roll my chair six feet to my right to turn on my HD 7770-powered rig and find out :P

I'm not sure what it is about their cable that's special...maybe just HDMI 2.0? I tried to use a cable of my own that was already run behind my desk, and it came up unable to hit 75Hz, so who knows?

Wait...does a 290X even have HDMI 2.0? Oh geez...I feel so outdated...

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Wait...does a 290X even have HDMI 2.0? Oh geez...I feel so outdated...

Let's just try making a custom resolution for 75Hz at full 21:9 first lol

12 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Go to display adapter properties and check the Monitor tab if there is a 75Hz setting available.

The HDMI cable used doesn't matter. All HDMI cables have the same wiring and you either get everything or nothing.

If its not there, install the driver from LG's site, reboot and check again.

No setting available, and my drivers look up to date. I actually don't have a DisplayPort cable.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler