Acrylic Side Panel Mod

I plan to mod my Corsair Carbide Spec-01 case side panel, changing it for acrylic/plexiglass.
The idea came when I saw the new Phanteks cases with Tempered glass side panels. 
For now I made a project in photoshop, but I need advices from people who have experience with this, I need to know the thickness of the acrylic, how to mount it and how to tint it. 

Here's the photoshopped picture: 

20160813_172349AcrylicModel.jpg

System: |Intel Core i5 4690K|ASRock Z97 Anniversary|2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz RAM|Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB|Phanteks P400S TG Edition (First ever owner!)|Seagate 1TB HDD+WD Blue 620GB|Seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620W 80 Plus Bronze Modular|Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO|

9 hours ago, TheOskar57 said:

I plan to mod my Corsair Carbide Spec-01 case side panel, changing it for acrylic/plexiglass.
The idea came when I saw the new Phanteks cases with Tempered glass side panels. 
For now I made a project in photoshop, but I need advices from people who have experience with this, I need to know the thickness of the acrylic, how to mount it and how to tint it. 

-PIC-

That looks good, for something like this you will probably want to purchase colored/tinted acrylic directly, for the thickness you will want to keep it pretty thin something like 1/8" would be good especially if you chamfer the edges so it matches a similar thickness to the original side panel. For mounting you have a couple of different ways to go about it either to have it bolted through with bolts/thumb screws or to make something magnetic and latch it in place. 

On 15/8/2016 at 0:15 AM, W-L said:

That looks good, for something like this you will probably want to purchase colored/tinted acrylic directly, for the thickness you will want to keep it pretty thin something like 1/8" would be good especially if you chamfer the edges so it matches a similar thickness to the original side panel. For mounting you have a couple of different ways to go about it either to have it bolted through with bolts/thumb screws or to make something magnetic and latch it in place. 

What would be needed to chamfer the edges? 

System: |Intel Core i5 4690K|ASRock Z97 Anniversary|2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz RAM|Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB|Phanteks P400S TG Edition (First ever owner!)|Seagate 1TB HDD+WD Blue 620GB|Seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620W 80 Plus Bronze Modular|Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO|

On 15/8/2016 at 0:15 AM, W-L said:

Also, I stamped into a problem.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO sticks out a little (milimiters) out of my case, and since the side of the case is a little bulky it fits.
Don't know how it's gonna be with the acrylic, how could I solve this problem? 
I can send you pictures of how much it sticks out if you want. 

4 hours ago, TheOskar57 said:

Also, I stamped into a problem.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO sticks out a little (milimiters) out of my case, and since the side of the case is a little bulky it fits.
Don't know how it's gonna be with the acrylic, how could I solve this problem? 
I can send you pictures of how much it sticks out if you want. 

For chamfering you could use a file and some sand paper, as for the cooler though  if it sticks out past where the case panel is you could either make a raised portion to accommodate for it or a slightly shorter cooler. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

For chamfering you could use a file and some sand paper, as for the cooler though  if it sticks out past where the case panel is you could either make a raised portion to accommodate for it or a slightly shorter cooler. 

What do you mean by raised portion?

1 minute ago, TheOskar57 said:

What do you mean by raised portion?

The original panel has a bumped out or raised portion out a bit to give it that extra room needed for the cooler so could make something similar to give it that extra clearance if the heatpipes impact the window. 

If it's just the heat pipes that stick up you could also cut holes in the acrylic right there if you wanted. Up to you though.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS