My Budget Hackintosh + Gaming PC Build

arindam.1993

CPU:

Intel Core i5-2500K Stock at 3.3Ghz.

Memory:

2 x 4GB or Kingston 1333Mhz Memory

Motherboard:

Gigabyte B75M-D3H (mATX) (The cheapest OSX supporting motherboard available)

GPU:

Palit GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB (Reference Card)

Power Supply:

Cooler Master Extreme Power Power Plus 600W

Case:

NZXT Gamma ATX Case

Current OSX Build:

Mac OSX 10.7.2 Lion

Total Price: 38,000 INR (Indian Rupees) which is 1/2 the price of the entry level (21.5in) iMac here and is about twice as fast!

Hello, i am a really experienced hackintosh builder (have built 12 in total). It looks like a good build. The 560 ti is supported, i have it myself in my current build. If you still have space for small upgrades, go for the 660 ti, theres more people on the forums who have the 660 ti, thus you will have more help if you get any problems. But if you are on a budget, the 560ti will do just fine. If you have any problems with the installation, i could help. Good luck :)

What are you cooling your CPU with?

Intel i7-3820

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1866

GTX 680

Hello' date=' i am a really experienced hackintosh builder (have built 12 in total). It looks like a good build. The 560 ti is supported, i have it myself in my current build. If you still have space for small upgrades, go for the 660 ti, theres more people on the forums who have the 660 ti, thus you will have more help if you get any problems. But if you are on a budget, the 560ti will do just fine. If you have any problems with the installation, i could help. Good luck :)[/quote']

Actually i need a little help....I cant upgrade to Mountain Lion.

whenever i start the installation after selecting the install USB drive from UniBeast ....The spinning Apple Logo screen appears...and then POOF! the screen goes blank and the light on the monitor is blinking.....

Graphics are failing to initialize... it worked when i removed the GF110 kexts manually from the USB drive but as soon as i reinstalled them with MultiBeast and rebooted there was a blank screen again..

I have a hunch that this is because the VGA port on my 560Ti isn't supported in ML...(Yes I have a VGA monitor! :( )...I have tried with a DVI to VGA adapter as well and the problem persists...