GTX 770 or R9 280X ?

Mukessh

For 1080p gaming . Looking forward for BF4 ! Which would be the best option ? 

Spec : 

MSI GD 65 Gaming

G.Skill Sniper 8GB

Rosewill HIVE 750W

Zotac GTX 760 [Gonna sell it] 

Plextor M5S 128GB SSD .

They both compete closely and BF4 is optimized for AMD cards and soon the bundle will come for the new cards. I'd say go for AMD.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You guys think BF4 will come in the bundle ? 

With the 280X, we don't know yet. We have been hinted that there will be an upcoming bundle soon so we will just have to wait.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Why would you want a 770 ?

CUDA, PhysX, Batman, #greenteam???

CUDA, PhysX, Batman, #greenteam???

3GB,Compute, OpenCL, Mantle, Never Settle #RedTeam, meaningless slurs, he obviously wants a card for gaming & his 760 is very capable, that's why I'm asking.

3GB,Compute, OpenCL, Mantle, Never Settle #RedTeam, meaningless slurs, he obviously wants a card for gaming & his 760 is very capable, that's why I'm asking.

:P I was either way going to recommend AMD 

They trade blows and just get AMD since it comes with never settle.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Why would you buy a 280x when a 7970 is cheaper/the same thing?

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

What FPS would you think the GTX 760 would run at in BF4 at High Settings@1080p

Why would you buy a 280x when a 7970 is cheaper/the same thing?

New features + #Mantle Technology . 

Highest settings? Probably 37 Frames or something along those lines. 

Check it out for yourself

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61740-bf4-beta-benchmarks-released-amd-takes-cpu-performance-crown/

There are no new features except for PowerTune 2.0, the 7970 supports Mantle.

True Audio is only available on the 290X,290 & 260X.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61740-bf4-beta-benchmarks-released-amd-takes-cpu-performance-crown/

Really? I think I saw somewhere true audio was supported for the 280X....

Mentions it Here: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1851/pg11/asus-radeon-r9-280x-directcu-ii-top-graphics-card-review-conclusion.html

It's not, it's only supported on GCN 2.0 GPUs, which are Bonaire (7790/260X) and Hawaii (R9 290X, 290)

It's pretty much exactly the same card.. just rebadged.

Isn't Mantle getting turned on for those too ?

Edit:(refreshed page to see other responses)

yeah I thought it was, it's exactly the same, but cheaper... Why would you spend more for the same thing?

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

What would you suggest I do then ? Keep the 760 ? 

If it does that card will sell out.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

It's pretty much exactly the same card.. just rebadged.

Isn't Mantle getting turned on for those too ?

Edit:(refreshed page to see other responses)

yeah I thought it was, it's exactly the same, but cheaper... Why would you spend more for the same thing?

In my country , the 7970 prices are above the 280X's price . And some shops don't sell them anymore . 

what about adding another 760

i mean, selling a 760 for a 770? hmm

I thought about that , but I will watercooling my system in the near future , and buying 2 GPU blocks are expensive , and I don't want run into SLI issues . 

Mentions it Here: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1851/pg11/asus-radeon-r9-280x-directcu-ii-top-graphics-card-review-conclusion.html

Well they're simply wrong.

AMD_Volcanic_Islands_R7_R9_True_Audio_GP

What would you suggest I do then ? Keep the 760 ? 

Well it depends on why you want to upgrade, if you're upgrading just to improve performance a 770 doesn't make sense, because you're essentially going to pay twice as much (this is including the amount you're losing on your used 760) for a 20% improvement in performance.

However, if you're upgrading for more performance & a larger memory pool (3GB vs 2GB), plus Mantle then a 280X would make sense, but I'd sell that 760 as soon as possible, because it's bound to lose more of its value now that we have extremely competitive cards from AMD.

In my country , the 7970 prices are above the 280X's price . And some shops don't sell them anymore .

Ah well, that's fair enough :)

Well they're simply wrong.

AMD_Volcanic_Islands_R7_R9_True_Audio_GP

Well it depends on why you want to upgrade, if you're upgrading just to improve performance a 770 doesn't make sense, because you're essentially going to pay twice as much (this is including the amount you're losing on your used 760) for a 20% improvement in performance.

However, if you're upgrading for more performance & a larger memory pool (3GB vs 2GB), plus Mantle then a 280X would make sense, but I'd sell that 760 as soon as possible, because it's bound to lose more of its value now that we have extremely competitive cards from AMD.

So at the end of the day , 280X or 770 ? 

EDIT : I would most probably lose about $30 bucks selling my card , not that much , but yeah .