Random Headphone problem.

I've been experiencing a weird problem with my headphones on my PC. It's been happening for  a while on and off. Randomly when I put on my headphones,

sound only comes out the right side. I opened up my case and made sure all the connections to the front audio are tight. I jiggled the cables around a bit because why not right?

One side is not muted in the audio settings and they work fine with any other device AND the PC 90% of the time. 

What would be causing this?

- It fixes itself after restarting the computer 1-3 times or patting / complimenting the PC. 

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

hmm. i had / have a issue where my headphones get muffled, i found updating the drivers worked but that was with rear 3.5 plugs not the front audio. hard to say how u can test this as im not sure if MB these days have 2 front audio MB slots.

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

I think you should try with other headphones. If they work fine, then the problem is in your headphones. If the problem still occurs, the soundcard you're using may be damaged.