CPU Problem?

Two weeks ago, I had to RMA my motherboard and PSU for defects. I put a post here on the forum if you want to see it. Anyway, the replacements came today and put everything back together. The system starts up and all the lights and fans start up and what not but only displays the qcode "00" and just idles. It doesn't go into the BIOS. I've gone through the basic troubleshooting methods (reseat all components, clearing cmos, breadboarding etc.) and doing a BIOS flashback. I'm getting very frustrated because I have only used this PC for 3 days in the past 3 weeks. After some digging, I found out that a potential problem could be the CPU. I hope it doesn't come to that because I don't have the original box anymore and I already dropped many cash on this build.

Here are the specs:

X99A II Asus Mobo

i7-6850k

Corsair H115i

2x Asus 1080 Strix SLI

32 GB Corsair DDR4 LPX RAM

850w EVGA Supernova G2 PSU

Samsung 950 Pro 512GB

3x 2TB Seagate HDD

I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on what I should do. :/

Thanks for the help.

4 minutes ago, LabRat said:

post old link please.

Sure here you go:

i see the board only has one bios so the cpu should be recognized. do you have another cpu, same socket to toss in?

this is where you get mad at me. disassemble/disconnect everything from the board...... run with your main *drive installed, one stick of *ram installed and one *graphics card installed. when you have everything removed ( and I mean pull the 2nd card and all the ram and disconnect all but the main drive ) ( power and sata _)............. do a cmos reset and try to start the machine.

2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

i see the board only has one bios so the cpu should be recognized. do you have another cpu, same socket to toss in?

this is where you get mad at me. disassemble/disconnect everything from the board...... run with your main *drive installed, one stick of *ram installed and one *graphics card installed. when you have everything removed ( and I mean pull the 2nd card and all the ram and disconnect all but the main drive ) ( power and sata _)............. do a cmos reset and try to start the machine.

lol Alright. I don't have another CPU of the same socket, but luckily, I already have most of the components disassembled so I should quickly be able to get back to you.

8 minutes ago, LabRat said:

Okay, I only have one GPU in, one stick of RAM, all the SATA devices disconnected, and still a solid "00" qcode. :(

Just now, LabRat said:

quick question. does this board have another bios you can switch to?

Not that I know of

i think it's a dual bios board. you can look through the booklet or pdf.

can you physically disconnect the wifi card/adapter? or disconnect wires from the board?

i was originally going to ask you to remove the water block............... good idea. remove that, check the cpu/socket for bent pins. then install the stock heatsink.

Just now, LabRat said:

can you physically disconnect the wifi card/adapter? or disconnect wires from the board?

i was originally going to ask you to remove the water block............... good idea. remove that, check the cpu/socket for bent pins. then install the stock heatsink.

Sure I'll look through it to see if it's a dual BIOS board. There isn't a wifi card/adapter on this board. I've checked for bent pins at least 3 times lol and the 6850k does not come with a stock heatsink.

4 minutes ago, LabRat said:

It is not a dual BIOS board.

when you did a cmos reset you put the jumper back to the original position?

i'm getting too tired but this isn't one of those processors that need a "special" low volt ps is it?

11 minutes ago, LabRat said:

i'm getting too tired but this isn't one of those processors that need a "special" low volt ps is it?

The RAM is 1.2v, there isn't a CMOS jumper so I didn't have to worry about that, and it doesn't need a special low volt PSU. Hey no worries man, thanks for all of your suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so after almost a month of waiting and a couple of RMAs later, I finally got the beast working hopefully for good now (pls dont jinx). I think what happened was the motherboard died for some reason and took the CPU with it so I replaced both. Happy to get my system running again. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and I hope this helps someone else out there! :)