My PSU spewed out some flames and i need a new PSU and i may need an entire new PC.

FPS-Russia
Go to solution Solved by SLAYR,
2 minutes ago, FPS-Russia said:

That is a very good power supply. 

I don't think anything is perfect because it is made by humans, and we are far away from perfect.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Don't be a dick. Plus it handles high end builds just fine. It isn't the best, but it's not likely to burst into flame.

Ok...ok,then maybe in my next $5000 build i should just save some cash and get a CX over a EVGA G2 or AXi since you know...the cx is capable for high end rigs

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

Nobody's suggesting it. Hell, nobody should suggest a $5000 rig. But honestly, a new CX series is just fine for most rigs. I don't really recommend it because you can get better, but if somebody already has it there's really no point in replacing.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Nobody's suggesting it. Hell, nobody should suggest a $5000 rig. But honestly, a new CX series is just fine for most rigs. I don't really recommend it because you can get better, but if somebody already has it there's really no point in replacing.

I'm talking about the old CX,i never mentioned the GREY CXM

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

I'm talking about the old CX,i never mentioned the GREY CXM

And still, the old CX's quality (or lackthereof) was greatly exaggerated due to a small amount of flashy failures that came directly after it was heavily recommended. Overall it was still a middle-of-the-road PSU like any other. Not great, and not the best for your money, but not liable to explode.

I have my Corsair RM750X now, i decided to get it from a local store instead of online.

Good news and bad my RX 480 works, but my i7 and motherboard are fried :(