Minecraft server setup issues

EIijah
Go to solution Solved by Pesukarhu,

It is some weird problem that i can't identify. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get the piece of sh!t server working properly, and another 2 weeks to get all the plugins sorted out. There are so many variables in there.

So I've been trying to setup a MC server for me and my friends, but I'm having issues with port forward/mapping. I checked to see the port is open which is true, I just think my router is having trouble linking it to my PC, can anyone look at the settings (screenshots provided) and tell me what could be wrong? Thanks

Please tell me if there's anything else that needs to be seen

1.png

2.png

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

Just now, Pesukarhu said:

You have to set the protocol to TCP/UDP, it needs both to work.

Tried that too, same thing

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

2 minutes ago, EIijah said:

Tried that too, same thing

Have you set a static ip to your server pc, and pointed the port forward to that ip?

Have you set a static ip to your server pc, and pointed the port forward to that ip?

Yup, server ip is set to my pc's ipv4 and port is 25565

Just now, EIijah said:

Yup, server ip is set to my pc's ipv4 and port is 25565

Is the server-ip correct in the server config file? Are you using the public ip when testing? Is your internet connection open in a way that you can do server hosting?

Is the server-ip correct in the server config file? Are you using the public ip when testing? Is your internet connection open in a way that you can do server hosting?

Yup, double checked the files, everything is correct, I'm using the ip I get from typing "IP" in google, and a open port site confirms it's open on my network

3 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

Have you tried turning everything off and on again?

Many times :/

have you tried using a different host name. I always just used straight IP adresses so if DNS is flakey or not registered it wont care. does your router lket you manually enter a address or host name.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Just now, ITheSpazI said:

have you tried using a different host name. I always just used straight IP adresses so if DNS is flakey or not registered it wont care. does your router lket you manually enter a address or host name.

So my router has been setup to map the port 25565 to my computer which I assigned the ip 192.168.1.4 which is the same as the server, it works using that server on the local network

Are you sure there is no isp things going on? My server just stopped working two years ago, because the internet service had changed and they had to set my connection to open to get the server connections working. Everything else worked fine, just not minecraft.

Does it work through lan?

Are you sure there is no isp things going on? My server just stopped working two years ago, because the internet service had changed and they had to set my connection to open to get the server connections working. Everything else worked fine, just not minecraft.

Does it work through lan?

Lan working perfectly, just when trying to use the online connection

2 minutes ago, EIijah said:

Lan working perfectly, just when trying to use the online connection

Do you have online-mode enabled in the server settings? It might have something to do with mojang servers dicking around. It also reduces lag a tiny bit when you are running offline.

I would recommend asking your isp if your modem has some weird setting that stops port forward from working.

1 minute ago, Pesukarhu said:

Do you have online-mode enabled in the server settings? It might have something to do with mojang servers dicking around. It also reduces lag a tiny bit when you are running offline.

I would recommend asking your isp if your modem has some weird setting that stops port forward from working.

It's offline. what I can see from the isp support forum is that they block nothing 

It is some weird problem that i can't identify. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get the piece of sh!t server working properly, and another 2 weeks to get all the plugins sorted out. There are so many variables in there.

24 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

Found my fix... Sorry to have wasted your time. My modem doesn't like to let me connect using my ip (It's special) and my friends were setting other things up so I never had them try join. Basically it was working all along, just not on my own network, thanks for trying though :)