does anyone know the best Z170 board

107x

im going to be doing mostly gaming that is why i chose this series

-thank you

There is no one "best" board tbh. You can only determine that as everyones needs on the board are different. Are you going to use m.2, RGB LED strips, what CPU do you have, are you going to overclock, what form factor do you need, mITX, mATX, ATX? These are really questions you need to answer. Then next, what is your theme, color scheme etc... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You don't need the best board if all you do is game. You will be wasting a lot of features. A good board that is up there is the Asus Hero VIII, and it's also not that pricey. Looks damn good too, had it in my old system.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

3 hours ago, legacy99 said:

There is no one "best" board tbh. You can only determine that as everyones needs on the board are different. Are you going to use m.2, RGB LED strips, what CPU do you have, are you going to overclock, what form factor do you need, mITX, mATX, ATX? These are really questions you need to answer. Then next, what is your theme, color scheme etc... 

3 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

You don't need the best board if all you do is game. You will be wasting a lot of features. A good board that is up there is the Asus Hero VIII, and it's also not that pricey. Looks damn good too, had it in my old system.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZvfPs if you cant tell im going for red and black theme yes will be doing rgb lighting atx MOBO and possibly a ssd in m.2

also definetly going to overclock cpu and gpu

1 minute ago, 107x said:

also definetly going to overclock cpu and gpu

This is my previous build with the motherboard I suggested. Red and black also.

bdZMkEA.jpg

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

5 minutes ago, 107x said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZvfPs if you cant tell im going for red and black theme yes will be doing rgb lighting atx MOBO and possibly a ssd in m.2

The gaming M5 from msi is decent. Has the red looks but it does lack RGB (you do get red lights though).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

This is my previous build with the motherboard I suggested. Red and black also.

bdZMkEA.jpg

very nice

Alright, with RGB you have 2 options, you can have an external controller, or you can get an ASUS motherboard which has an RGB header on it that you can plug into and control them via the ASUS aura software. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813132699

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

The gaming M5 from msi is decent. Has the red looks but it does lack RGB (you do get red lights though).

i was looking at the m7 which i did get attracted to i mean the rgb wouldnt matter much as its not a needed feature for me

Alright, with RGB you have 2 options, you can have an external controller, or you can get an ASUS motherboard which has an RGB header on it that you can plug into and control them via the ASUS aura software. 

i see this board does support sli which later down the road i would definitely do is this a reliiable and safe board for sli config maybe 2 1080

1 minute ago, 107x said:

i see this board does support sli which later down the road i would definitely do is this a reliiable and safe board for sli config maybe 2 1080

A lot of boards 100 USD plus boards support SLI.

Pascal laptops guide

A lot of boards 100 USD plus boards support SLI.

would this be a good board for overclocking?

Yes. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

3 minutes ago, 107x said:

would this be a good board for overclocking?

Are you going to do automatic or manual overclocking?

Pascal laptops guide

manual

Yes. 

thoughts on the Formula? www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813132265

2 minutes ago, 107x said:

manual

Well this widens the selection. Take a look at the MSI m5 and m7 and the Asus pro gaming and Maximus hero VIII. There a lot of personal choice with motherboards so try to find some YouTube reviews that take a look on the boards and pick it yourself.

Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, 107x said:

thoughts on the Formula? www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813132265

Pretty pricey! I would go with the hero instead since it still looks as great and probably has a load of Overclocking features anyway.

Pascal laptops guide