New CPU

Hello guys,

I am looking for a new gaming CPU. It's only for the game Rainbow Six Siege. At the moment I am running an i5 760, which is pretty old, with an GTX 960. Because I still want to use my DDR3 memory I would like to buy an older CPU. Can you advise me any CPU, that will run with my future GTX 970, is not to expensive and will handle the named game? I don't need it for anything else than playing that Game. I am running a 1080p Monitor if you need that information. I have already thought about an 3570K or an 4460 what do you think about these two?

Greetings 

Marcel

Best to upgrade to Z97 and an i5 4690k or i7 4790k. This will get you the best bang for the buck and longevity out of it.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Both are ok options, I assume you are from a country besides the US and/or planning on buying used, keep in mind if you go with a k skew you might want to invest in a decent cooler to overclock it, if you don't plan to oc I'd get the 4460 since it's a newer chip and should perform similarly maybe even slightly better

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I would consider getting a 1060 in the future more so than the 970 if you can. Regardless the i5 4790K with a Z97 board or a i5 4460 and a H81 board if you don't have the cash are both great options.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

I would consider getting a 1060 in the future more so than the 970 if you can. Regardless the i5 4790K with a Z97 board or a i5 4460 and a H81 board if you don't have the cash are both great options.

Thanks for the tip with the GPU

2 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Both are ok options, I assume you are from a country besides the US and/or planning on buying used, keep in mind if you go with a k skew you might want to invest in a decent cooler to overclock it, if you don't plan to oc I'd get the 4460 since it's a newer chip and should perform similarly maybe even slightly better

Yes, I don't live in the US ;-) and yes I want to buy used because I think there is nothing wrong to it. We produce so much waste, why not reusing things others don't need anymore? :-)

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Best to upgrade to Z97 and an i5 4690k or i7 4790k. This will get you the best bang for the buck and longevity out of it.

Is there really the need for it? Also referring to @Castdeath97 it's not a 

problem in case of money. But I don't want to buy something I don't need. I went with the 760 now for several years and it did performe very well. I am not into over clocking because I want to use my products very, very long, as happened to the 760. But as you mentioned the cooling. That's indeed a problem. Because my system is quiet old, my case is not the best. I modified it a bit to get a better airflow but If I would like to over clock I really have to buy a new case, coolers or even a water cooling system and as already said, is there really a need to it? I am not an enormous Gamer who wants to play every new game, I just want to play that game at an high level. (ESL)

Just saw that H81 does not support PCIe 3.0, so wouldn't it be advisable to buy at least the B85 board? I need a microATX board.