The Z: The most advanced gaming mouse ever made

Have you seen the new mouse with shit tone of functions?

The Z :)
Kickstarter :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/granto/the-z

I just pledged, after buying K65RGB - now it's time to say goodbye to G600 - Z, here I come :)
Any comments will be apriciated, maybe you'd have some insights about what one can do with it.
I'm not affilaite with the inventor, just an intereseted user from Poland ;)

In my not so humble opinion, this thing is a pure gimmick. The 3d controls cannot be accurate, also flying by holding your mouse in the air no only looks stupid but would get tiresome after 20 seconds. The "deep click" function is cool, but the software that they include with it would have to be really good since setting up profiles for individual games on this thing would be a bear.

When in doubt, re-format.

I'm torn but probably looking towards the gimmick side of it. The only thing that looks actually useful is the ability to fly by holding the mouse in the air and tilting but I challenge anyone to hold their mouse in the air for 30 seconds and tell me it's not uncomfortable.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Complete gimmick. There is no reason for any of the features they are pushing which probably will never be supported by any applications. I see no advantage to this mouse over a traditional MMO style mouse.

You know, for some reason this reminded me of the sixaxis controller for the ps3. It seemed like a good idea, but in practice no one would use it. At the end of the day, who whats to hold their mouse in the air just to play flight simulator?

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

Have you read the whole article there? They are including a nifty device that will let you hold the mouse in air without acctually lifting it with your muscles. It is done via "u" shaped railing system, so your wrist can relax, while you're flying a littlebird in BF4 :)

Also about the deep click - you will be able to assign a keyletter to a function inside the software, and than you can just edit your shortcuts in game or app to that direct key. For me it looks just as hard as any other mouse for MMO (I own a G600, and G13, and K65RGB).

The only disadvantages I see for this mouse are :

PRICE & so called "Pivot" action. 

First is pretty self explementary, second - being - when mouse will/would register just me moving it on the mouse pad as pivoting (not intended)

The features look a bit iffy but if they are executed well they will be fantastic. This is what I'm concerned about it: it looks kinda tacky, the HUGE learning curve it's gonna take to use it and trying to bind all of these buttons and axis seems like a nightmare. Also I wish they had a wireless option. That's what I love so much about my G700s. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

That is not a looker. Doesn't even look especially comfortable. Personally I only need 2 things from a mouse: high response and comfort. I think they may be missing out on the important stuff to add the gimmicks...

1 hour ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

That is not a looker. Doesn't even look especially comfortable. Personally I only need 2 things from a mouse: high response and comfort. I think they may be missing out on the important stuff to add the gimmicks...

The only part of it that looks especially uncomfortable to me is the fact that the right and left click buttons sit below the rest of the body, making a gap.

Thing is, that's the problem I have with the G900, but everyone seems to love that mouse... So I think it'd only be an issue with me.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.