What motherboard is better?

Laxer17

I plan on building a 2000 vfx build that's fantastic at rendering. 

I want a 1tb ssd, cpu over 4 cores, 32gb of high speed ram, and the h440.

Here are 2 options I came up with but both mobos I have had decent reviews.

I want one that is very stable and enough if I wanted to go SLI and have 64gb ram upgrade in the future. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2JRJf8

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Cj2RTH

Krait, it's cheaper and it's a good mobo.

XTREME I7 GRANDIS TRIDENT SUPERNOVA ECLIPSE PC++:

CPU           ✧   i7 6700K  @ 4.5 GHz 1.31 VCore

COOLER   ✧   SilentiumPC Grandis 

MOBO       ✧   MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON 

RAM          ✧   16Gb Trident Z's 3200 MHz

GPU          ✧    Gigabyte GTX 980 ti XTREME

SSD           ✧   Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB

PSU           ✧   EVGA SuperNova G2 650W 

CASE         ✧   Phanteks Eclipse P400S [Black]

Use:

✧ Game designing, Programming, Compiling, 3D rendering and of course Gaming

I've always liked ASUS boards, never had a single issue with them, ever.

If you're planning on going SLI in the future, then it may be worthwhile to get a beefier PSU now, 750W or so. That CPU can be pretty power hungry if you push it, add 2 GPUs to that...

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

3 minutes ago, Xineas said:

If you're planning on going SLI in the future, then it may be worthwhile to get a beefier PSU now, 750W or so. That CPU can be pretty power hungry if you push it, add 2 GPUs to that...

expect the fact that asus support is ass

You'll definitely need a beefier psu. Other than that, I'd look at what others are saying, I'm not too good with Mobo shopping, if it works, I buy it.

13 minutes ago, Xineas said:

Do you think the PSU is okay for now? Since it's fully modular it shouldn't be way to hard to upgrade right? I can just unplug and put the cables in when I get a better GPU and PSU?

Just now, Laxer17 said:

Do you think the PSU is okay for now? Since it's fully modular it shouldn't be way to hard to upgrade right? I can just unplug and put the cables in when I get a better GPU and PSU?

Why waste money on getting a lower wattage PSU if you know you're going to upgrade it anyways? You can't plug more wires in to get more wattage, if you're going to run 2 graphics cards, you would have to replace the power supply as a whole.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

12 minutes ago, Squarq said:

You'll definitely need a beefier psu. Other than that, I'd look at what others are saying, I'm not too good with Mobo shopping, if it works, I buy it.

Okay thanks! I heard on TechQuickie though if you get a crazy high wattage PSU that isn't necessary it could be bad though? 

6 hours ago, Laxer17 said:

Okay thanks! I heard on TechQuickie though if you get a crazy high wattage PSU that isn't necessary it could be bad though? 

I don't mean something crazy like a 1000 watt, just something more than your 550 watt. with your demanding cpu and somewhat demanding gpu, and your overall high-end tech, a 650-750 watt would be best.