Windows, full screen not filling the screen

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing a weird bug, where when I full screen on either one of my side monitors in my 3 monitor setup, the screen doesn't quite fill out.

I've attached an image showcasing it using a twitch stream in fullscreen. I tried reinstalling Silverlight, because initially I thought it was only Netflix that didn't do it, but it seems to be anything that I fullscreen.

Hope you can help, thanks

13918528_10207108419888977_1997719851_o.jpg

7 minutes ago, MattLY said:

Try messing with the resaloution in settings?

That fixed it temporarily, but as soon as I moved the window away, and back fullscreen would be weird again.

If you're using HDMI, play with the Overscan and Underscan settings in the video card, and also check the monitor's setting to see if there's some Scaling settings , make sure there's no scaling, no resizing etc

What are the specs of each of your monitors? Are they all the same size/resolution?

43 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If you're using HDMI, play with the Overscan and Underscan settings in the video card, and also check the monitor's setting to see if there's some Scaling settings , make sure there's no scaling, no resizing etc

No scaling has changed or anything. This basically just changed overnight. I don't understand why...

21 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What are the specs of each of your monitors? Are they all the same size/resolution?

3 monitors, exact same model. Only difference is the connector types, but I can't change that because of a lack of cables, but it's never given me issues before. Currently 2 of them are HDMI and DVI. 

Ah, I'd say it's best to assume switching to DisplayPort would solve the issue. Aside from what others have recommended, I can't think of anything else that would be causing that, especially if all 3 monitors are the exact same.

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

Ah, I'd say it's best to assume switching to DisplayPort would solve the issue. Aside from what others have recommended, I can't think of anything else that would be causing that, especially if all 3 monitors are the exact same.

I don't see why the issue should be cable related, it's worked for about 2 years now with the exact same setup (But tech is tech, and it breaks so maybe) But secondly I just tried it with watching a movie with VLC and it doesn't happen on that. Seems to only be browser related.

1 hour ago, SneakySquid said:

Seems to only be browser related.

Ahh. I missed the portion where you were watching a twitch stream. I thought you were playing CS:GO when that happened. Is everything fine while gaming?

Also, I recommend Firefox as my go-to browser, if you haven't tried it out yet. :)

4 hours ago, NinJake said:

Ahh. I missed the portion where you were watching a twitch stream. I thought you were playing CS:GO when that happened. Is everything fine while gaming?

Also, I recommend Firefox as my go-to browser, if you haven't tried it out yet. :)

Well, it only happens on my side monitors, and when I game I play one my center monitor. Will try CS:GO on a different monitor tomorrow, but it seems to be browser. Will try with Firefox and report back (Y)

does the monitor have manual image sizing? If so this will probably fix it.

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

On 10/8/2016 at 1:44 AM, Deagon said:

does the monitor have manual image sizing? If so this will probably fix it.

It seems to be just Google Chrome that does it. Don't think my monitors have manual image sizing. 

1 minute ago, SneakySquid said:

It seems to be just Google Chrome that does it. Don't think my monitors have manual image sizing. 

idk why I missed it but you said you have 3 monitors right? Sometimes they will all display at the same resolution despite being set to do otherwise, you could try to adjust the resolution for each monitor in windows.

--Thread killer--

14 hours ago, Deagon said:

idk why I missed it but you said you have 3 monitors right? Sometimes they will all display at the same resolution despite being set to do otherwise, you could try to adjust the resolution for each monitor in windows.

Tried doing that, making sure they're all at 1920x1080, still doing it. I am pretty sure it's a Google bug. It's doing it with any video stream that I fullscreen, works fine if I am not full screening it, but when I do (YouTube, Twitch, Netflix anything) there's about a cm or two of space between the left and top side of the monitor where I can see my desktop background behind it.

8 hours ago, SneakySquid said:

Tried doing that, making sure they're all at 1920x1080, still doing it. I am pretty sure it's a Google bug. It's doing it with any video stream that I fullscreen, works fine if I am not full screening it, but when I do (YouTube, Twitch, Netflix anything) there's about a cm or two of space between the left and top side of the monitor where I can see my desktop background behind it.

Try another version of chrome? (I use Canary chromium)

--Thread killer--