Persisting random reboots

FireTyme

Hi there, a while ago i made this thread: 

linustechtips.com/main/topic/632852-pc-random-rebooting

Sadly i still have the same occuring issues;

occasional random reboot

Usually just PC freezing up

2 bsod, one was related to the Shield streaming service, i have since then disabled that service. 

The other BSOD gave the following error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, i still have not found the cause of it., but generally of all the errors (2 freeze  and/or reboot a day), the BSOD is the least occuring.

I have tried the following things trying to fix it since then:

Reset the CMOS

Reset BIOS to normal settings

Updated windows/drivers

Removed power savings modes on different applications (long time ago), mainly CPU throttling and such (tip i found on google)

Recently i've found the event log, i think i managed to resolve one or 2 issues that gave errors, but after todays random reboot there was nothing in there other then these errors:

Critical    8-8-2016 14:14:20    Kernel-Power    41    (63) << Stated as the reboot, but no error before it.

Failure/fault    8-8-2016 14:14:23    EventLog    6008

Failure/fault (not sure how it translates)    8-8-2016 14:14:23    Eventlog    1101

Warning 8-8-2016 14:14:23    TaskScheduler    414    Wrong configuration task

Failure/fault  8-8-2016 14:14:31    DistributedCOM    10016    

the 10016 error is related to COM application with  CLSID 
{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
and APPID 
{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}

to user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) with adress LocalHost (via LRPC)

it says it can be changed via component services, but i'm not sure if its  related to the random reboots.

the 414 TaskScheduler error is by finding a wrong configuration in  NT TASK\b9554fef1f6508ec34ed8985528075d8-definition with false value Powershell.exe

Malwarebytes found nothing, but not sure how that relates. I tried the 'lite' versions of program/system debuggers or 'fixit tools', but that seemed to have worsen things so i restored it back (one even deleted teamspeak lol.), so i'm not going to bother with those anymore.

Used Ccleaner as well, nothing on that either.

I have learned how the regidit kinda works, but not without instructions obviously as i have no clue what it actually really does, and i dont want to mess things up by accident.

I'm also not sure if the random reboots/freezes are related to any of the errors in eventlog.

Hopefully someone can help me? :)

Parts:

• MOBO | Z170 PRO GAMING| 
  • CPU cooler|     Bundle: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo+ Arctic Cooling Arcticlean+ Arctic Cooling MX-4 High Performance Cooling paste 4g | 
  • GPU |MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING  | 
  • CPU|     Intel Core i5 6600K |
  • Case |     Zalman Z11 Plus | 
  • PSU | CoolerMaster PSU GM Serie 750Watt G750M|
  • RAM |     Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 2400 CL16|
  • HDD | Seagate 7200.14 ST2000DM001 2TB |
  • SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB |

Windows 10

Edited by FireTyme
Parts included in the post not the link

6 minutes ago, FireTyme said:

Hopefully someone can help me? :)

Unless you post a list of your parts, the answer is probably no.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Just now, Litargirio said:

hes right

many issues are hardware related

My setup

CPU i7 4770K 4.8 ghz 1.4V Motherboard MSI G-45z87 RAM 32gb 1600mhz hyperx ram GPU 3x Gtx 780ti Windforce GHZ edition Case NZXT Phantom 820 Storage 64gb SSD and a 500GB HDD PSU corsair ax1200i Display(s) 3x Acer S231HL Cooling h105 8 corsair af 120

2 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

Oh sorry, the parts were listed in the link at the top from my previous thread, i've edited them in this post too now tho.

2 minutes ago, jojocool111 said:

hes right

many issues are hardware related

Oh sorry, the parts were listed in the link at the top from my previous thread, i've edited them in this post too now tho.

alright :)

My setup

CPU i7 4770K 4.8 ghz 1.4V Motherboard MSI G-45z87 RAM 32gb 1600mhz hyperx ram GPU 3x Gtx 780ti Windforce GHZ edition Case NZXT Phantom 820 Storage 64gb SSD and a 500GB HDD PSU corsair ax1200i Display(s) 3x Acer S231HL Cooling h105 8 corsair af 120

I'd try replacing the power supply, which is easy to do when you have a spare. :)

If you don't have a spare, try to borrow one from somebody, for testing. Given your parts, it could be anything about 400watts or higher. If it is less than 500watts, go easy on the graphics since nVidia recommends a 500watt supply for a GTX-970, but even 400watts would be fine for non-gaming apps.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

There's a few things I can think of that might cause stability problems. Let's try RAM first...

Go into your BIOS on Advanced Mode, and check the right side of the display. Right underneath "Memory", it should display the following two values:

• Frequency: 2400 MHz
  • Voltage: 1.200 V

Do they match? If not, correct them.

Either way, download memtest86, have it run for 12 hours straight and report the results, and I'll give you the other (more useful) ideas.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

7 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

There's a few things I can think of that might cause stability problems. Let's try RAM first...

Go into your BIOS on Advanced Mode, and check the right side of the display. Right underneath "Memory", it should display the following two values:

• Frequency: 2400 MHz
  • Voltage: 1.200 V

Do they match? If not, correct them.

Either way, download memtest86, have it run for 12 hours straight and report the results, and I'll give you the other (more useful) ideas.

Alright so i checked it and it said target for ram 2400 Mhz and 1.208v, odd ratio was enabled which seemed weird to me, so i disabled that.

I tried checking my RAM a while ago by taking out one RAM stick at the time, crashes occured on both ram sticks seperately tho, so either both are faulty or something else, but i wouldnt know what.

I might try the PSU as someone said, but i do not have a spare one so i would have to buy one to see if thats the culprit :/.

15 minutes ago, Quaker said:

I'd try replacing the power supply, which is easy to do when you have a spare. :)

If you don't have a spare, try to borrow one from somebody, for testing. Given your parts, it could be anything about 400watts or higher. If it is less than 500watts, go easy on the graphics since nVidia recommends a 500watt supply for a GTX-970, but even 400watts would be fine for non-gaming apps.

I'll try to find someone who has a spare PSU, maybe thats the problem indeed! But would it be applicable with the freezes as well? as far as i've read its mostly related to random reboots, but i have both problems :/

If the "freeze" is just temporary, it might not be, but if the system freezes solid (locks up) then yes, the power supply can be the problem.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Have you tried removing your HDD completely?

3 hours ago, Litargirio said:

Have you tried removing your HDD completely?

I have not, first time i heard/read about it as well, most of my bulk data is on there, my OS and a few other programs is on my SSD., is it safe to just remove it and if so what/where should i look if thats any help?

56 minutes ago, FireTyme said:

is it safe to just remove it and if so what/where should i look if thats any help?

Well, you just need to make sure your PC is completely powered off before unplugging it, and that you remove both the power and the data cable (not just the data cable). Other than that, if you didn't put anything that the OS relies on to function on there, you won't have any problems because of it not being connected.

If you did put anything important on your HDD such as pagefile, or downloads / my documents folders, put all of them on the SSD for now.

If that doesn't work you can try updatind your motherboard's bios to the latest version. Asus' website promises that the latest update enhances stability by quite a bit.

Just be careful because if you suffer a power loss during the update, you will brick the mobo, so make sure that can't happen.